Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
i took some camo duct tape to the top frame of my ol man vision, i dont think it really makes much difference to be honest. i was just really bored one night!!:D easton94

·
Registered
441 Posts
Guess I'm a cheapie,I go to Wal-Mart and buy their cheap paint in green,brown,grey,and flat black.Then spray a mix of "splotches" on my stands

·
Registered
564 Posts
I do camo my stands. Not so much to keep deer from seeing them as much as to keep people from noticing them! I like a grey base with large contrasting blotches (think Predator camo) of color.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just camoed my Summit climber last week I must say it came out awsome.
After trying many diffrent ways, the best way I found was to get a small peice of branch from a dried up spruce, one with two or more forks in it. Place the branch flat aganst the stand and shoot!
do this all over will turning the branch in diffrent directions.
I used only one color flat black and boy what a diffrence. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TTG....... I never gave that a thought, but I have a few stands to do this week and that is definately how I will do it....THANKS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Camo

I carry cable-ties in my pack. When I get my climber mounted, I whack off a couple small trees or limbs and put them across the bottom. It's just like sitting above tree limbs...works good.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: Camo

WVhunter said:
I carry cable-ties in my pack. When I get my climber mounted, I whack off a couple small trees or limbs and put them across the bottom. It's just like sitting above tree limbs...works good.
Great Idea, think I'll try that this season.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I don't have a problem with hunters stealing my stands where I bear hunt. To break up my sillouette against the sky I use artificial christmas tree branches on the front and sides of the stand. This works great and doesn't dry up and become noisy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts