Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all do great camo jobs on our camera cases and then we put the python lock around the tree and it sticks out like crazy.It takes away from the camo.When you approach the tree from the back side all you see is the cable,so much for the camo.

· Registered
774 Posts
I go to Wal-Mart and get 1 yard of dark camo fabric cut it into 3 foot X 4” lengths sew up the long end to form a sheath that the cable slides through. They are cheap they hold up for about 1 year and work great to hide that standout cable

· Registered
6,270 Posts
I take a piece of steel wool, rub the cable down to rough it up and then spray camo paint over it in different colors being the lock part is camo already and it helps break it up if the cable is around the camera I have 2 like that and 1 piped through. I normally pick trees with two main trunks to help hide them as well and so far have not lost or had any damaged on my private land but mine are not near any of my two tracks that some use and trespass on. It won't effect the lock just paint the shiney cable just let it dry for a couple of days with some flat camo colors and you will be good... I did and never had a issue with one...

LFM

· Banned
4,880 Posts
If you have cameras with security tabs then this is another way to do it.I attatch 3' of cable to each of the four tabs,then twist the cables on each side together.Then I'll wrap the cables with black tape and camo the whole thing.With the cables being twisted like that they look kind of like vines growing up the side of the tree and without knowing right where they are at they are hard to see.This is just an el cheapo camera with an external battery mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.