Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunt a lot in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and would like to know if there are any "unknown" camo patterns out there made for the terrain of a typical Northern Forest. I'm looking for something with greens and rust-colored browns. I'd love to find something with actual "dead" brown/rust colored ferns in the pattern, especially in some camo material for ground blinds.

A lot of my hunting up there is off the ground, and most camo patterns out there are just too dark... I've searched the threads here on ArcheryTalk, but can't seem to find much info on patterns for this type of terrain. I don't think I've ever been in an area up there where the cover was "mossy oaks" or "hardwoods HD" Lol! The closest thing I've seen is probably Predator Evolution, but that is only going from what I can see on the web.

What do you guys where in Oregon or Washington? From some of the pics I've seen, the terrain looks very similar to the parts of the U.P. that I hunt. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
This stuff

I either wear a ghillie or ASAT.
Remember to stay still that's the best camo.

Thought I had a picture but it won't download, maybe to big.

Out for now

·
Just Deux It!
314 Posts
Check out ASAT.
http://www.asatcamo.com/
http://www.dayonecamoflauge.com

I hunt on the ground and it's unbeatable in my opinion. The leafy 3D suit does an excellent job of breaking up your outline, and if you're up in a tree, you'll look like a bunch of brown leaves. There's no green in it, but the contrast between the tan background and the brown and black pattern is amazingly effective even in dark pine forests where I occasionally stalk around. I've had deer within three yards of me not giving me a second look, and that's when I'm just standing there with no cover!

Predator has excellent patterns as well, but they don't have any 3D leafy garments. I haven't used the Evolution that you posted, but I have the Fall Brown and Spring Green, and they are very, very effective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts