Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arghhh!

The word I get from my local shop is that '03 target color UltraTecs are no longer available from Hoyt.

So, the great quandry: do I wait for whatever is offered in '04, or do I get the existing model I have decided on in camo?

The main criteria is function; color is no huge concern. I know the cable guard is different. Is there any other difference in parts or tolerances between the target and hunting UltraTecs? Does the cam finish make any difference? The new bow will be used exclusively for target work, so I don't want to sacrifice any accuracy at all.

Scott

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
WAIT - The world (archery community) does not need anymore camo than it already has:D Color....good - - - Camo.....bad
And just think, as soon as we can match the demand for target colors, like there is for camo, the price will be the same!!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, color is not worth possibly 6 months of shooting to me.

The "Bradshaw (Evil) Inner Child" in me is even contemplating stripping the camo finish and having a bright aluminum bow. How about that?

Scott

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Shooter Mike, "camo bad". What the He11 is up with that? Is your chrome a** better than a shooter with a camo bow? I don't think so! Hoyt's camo bows are the same as your pretty ones anyway. "The world":confused: Wake the f*** up! If not for ancient warfare and HUNTING, your pretty target bow would not exist! Think about it!:rolleyes: As far as price....will it cost more for a paint job on a show car or a driver? Think about it! IMHO, your mouth has over ridden your brain! Once again, THINK ABOUT IT!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, no need to catch on fire or anything :)

I am a little sick of all my bow stuff being camo. . .

Seriously, are the parts really the same, or do the "tight" ones get put in target bows and the "loose" ones get relegated to hunting bows, which are generally subject to less accuracy-conscious use? That's what I would do if I was manufacturing bows.

Scott

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
beezaur, some bows are different, but as far as Hoyt goes, the only difference is that the target bows don't have the grip pad or the leaches. All the functional parts of the new bows are identical. Shoot Strait>>------>, no matter the COLOR!:D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Can you buy a used UT and sell it later after you have your 2004 Hoyt in hand?

If you do buy a new 2003 UT, I would not strip it, as the resale value will be hurt. It is evident that some new 2004 bow will replace the UT (?) and you'll wish that you had the money.

I agree that camouflage bows look goofy (particularly as they don't have modern digital patterns like CADPAT or MARPAT), but slap on a bright-colored Beiter stabilizer and don't worry about it, as 2004 will be here before you know it (although Hoyt will be behind on your new bow---count on it).

kgk

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
I would like my camo hunting bow to be just as accurate as any target bow. My hunting bow is more accurate. Since it has to shoot broadheads. If I tried shooting a broadhead off of my target bow it wouldn't fly very nicely.
Only difference between the target and camo is color and cost. You can buy the target cable guard.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have debated ordering a new Hoyt target bow, 03 vs 04, camo vs color, and decided to go ahead and order one in camo. I do not want to wait until March to get one, and the market on used camo bows is better than color if I decide to sell it later. I must admit, however, I like the flag pattern!

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Here's what my chrome a** thinks

Hollowpoint10 said:
Shooter Mike, "camo bad". What the He11 is up with that? Is your chrome a** better than a shooter with a camo bow? I don't think so! Hoyt's camo bows are the same as your pretty ones anyway. "The world":confused: Wake the f*** up! If not for ancient warfare and HUNTING, your pretty target bow would not exist! Think about it!:rolleyes: As far as price....will it cost more for a paint job on a show car or a driver? Think about it! IMHO, your mouth has over ridden your brain! Once again, THINK ABOUT IT!
Dude you need to throttle back a little bit. You take this stuff way to seriously. And befor you start throwing insults, I think you might want to take a second and think about who you might be talking to. I'm an adult - I hope you are too. In the adult world, people have different opinions. The guy asked what he should do, I voiced my opinion - You can do the same without insulting anyone and telling them to "wake the F*** up" or telling them that their "mouth has overidden their brain". Target colors do cost more than camo bows - check it out for yourself. And FYI, camo was not the first color either.;)
Maybe you didn't see the":D" in my post. It's all in good fun. If you're that dedicated to camo - good for you. I've worn camoflauge every day for the past 10 years, so I think I have the right to not want to see it in places other than work. Again, throttle back - it's not worth arguing over:p :D

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Trophy Taker Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,573 Posts
Will the UltraTec be offered for 2004"? Any hints on the new models or changes?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I try for the most part to stay out of these things. That being said, I have to agree with shooter Mike. I think hollowpoint's post is totally uncalled for. Man shoot what you want and let the other guy do the same.
I shoot a camo ultratec. All my other bows are camo, but I am looking as hard as I can for a sweet looking bright target colored bow.
I probably should have stayed out of this one as well, I just hate to see this kinda stuff when we have so many new members signing on everyday and would hate to think thier first impression is this Post.
We need to leave the unwarranted personal attacks out of this forum.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update: I purchased a used '02 ProTec (blue) to tide me over until I decide to get a new bow.

Apparently Hoyt still has flame UltraTecs available, in case anyone is interested. I'm just not a "flame" guy - if you knew me, you would know why a flame bow in my hands would always look borrowed :)

I gotta say that Hoyt seems to have a failry wierd policy regarding target bows. If you order early, you stand to wait for months. If you order late, say, Aug, you maybe can't. You only have a few months when you can order and promptly receive a product.

If it wasn't for a few personal preference items, I would have just gone Mathews.

Thanks for the input.

Scott

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
FYI - Hollowpoint10 and I sent a few PM's back and forth. All is well and we both understand that it's all in good fun. We all have our moments so don't base any negative opinions of him off of his earlier reply to my post. He too deserves a fair shake. I think he's a good guy, just maybe needed to vent. No worries. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm waiting for 2004 models

I talked with Hoyt eariler today as well and they told me the same thing. I'm planning to wait until October and order a new 2004 Target model.

Vic

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Get your order in early. So you don't have to wait long.

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Trophy Taker Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,573 Posts
Order what early, what's coming? :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts