Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Movement is the enemy. Doesn't matter what you're wearing. I wear camo, because it has the best pocket arrangement.

Bowmania
This^^^^
5.11 has a few pant styles that have decent pocket arrangements for hunting. For the most part, the fabrics that the higher end camo companies use is far superior to what is offered by lesser manufacturers when it comes to articulation and comfort.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
This^^^^
5.11 has a few pant styles that have decent pocket arrangements for hunting. For the most part, the fabrics that the higher end camo companies use is far superior to what is offered by lesser manufacturers when it comes to articulation and comfort.

That’s why I wear Kuiu attack pants. Same material as there camo versions. Just buying the solid colors instead. Same goes with a couple first lite tops.

·
Banned
5,014 Posts
When i’m walking trails for photography, i often wear different things. Full camouflage trumps all by far! I consistently get closer and sometimes completely unseen.
Blue jeans and tshirt, i have no chance of getting shots of deer.
Solid browns and greens are hit an miss. Even with a camo shirt.
I get alot of shots in full camouflage. Kinda the only time i get shots when they’re not looking at me.

people will tell you to sit still, but that doesn’t answer the question in the least. I want to fool a deer even after i fail and it looks at me. Camouflage gives me the best chances of that deer calming back down.

·
RuffLight and Bsquare
16,828 Posts
I've had my kid take pictures of me in my stand. Every camo pattern I own is way too dark for elevated hunting. I always look like a big dark blob up in the air! I wish someone would figure this out and offer a very open light camo pattern. ASAT is about as close as I can find.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
The single best solid color if you just going to go that way,is plain old olive drab. Army surplus stuff, is great. Since they been using the desert colors for years now, its not as easily available as it once was. At least the second hand and real surplus.

Sure I have killed stuff wearing all manner of things, but I have also had game and people close before, who never even knew I was there with good camo. I have watched hunters stalk past me, creeping along, looking for game. So close I could spit on them, and they just walk right on by. Mostly elevated, but from the ground a few times to. Occasionally have had a few finally see me when they get within a few yards, the look on their face is funny sometimes, it can be embarrassing.

In the 60's a lot of people still wore plaids and solid colors. And it was red or red plaid in rifle deer season. I was into squirrel hunting, trying to stalk close to squirrels cutting nuts in the fall, predator hunting,bow hunting. So , in the early 70's I got some camo with the money from some summer jobs. I was going squirrel hunting and had on my camo, I stopped by the gas station for gas, and a couple of the girls from school walked by and laughed at me.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts