• camo

Votes: 103 63.6%
  • target colored

Votes: 59 36.4%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
32,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why in blue blazes do we buy camo bows? Is a camo bow really that important up in a tree or in a blind? In retrospect, I wish I had bought my Old Glory in some beautiful fade or flame color. What was I thinking? Which do you prefer and why?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Camo is my favorite color!

That said, my next bow is gonna be a purdy one for sure. I'm tired of swapping stuff over from target to hunting mode, allegiance is gonna be set up for hunting and left alone, and my new bow will be a constitution or declaration as soon as I have the funds to do so.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I love my AR-34 Blade but when it comes to hunting season I gotta put my faith in my camo AR-34 :wink:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I voted target but really I like both. I am shooting a camo bow right now but my next bow will difinitely be a pretty one :D A girls gotta look good, right?? :D :D :D I do hunt with a camo bow, although I know some people that hunt with a colored bow and do just fine :)

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I didn't vote because I have both. I like the duller camo bows for hunting, but don't care much about the actual camo. All 4 of my target bows are colored and they look good.

I do not really understand the camo thing on everything. There are some things I take hunting with me that I would prefer not to be camo, especially if you happen to drop it (these are usually smaller items - like my pruners).

·
Registered
11,942 Posts
I have both too. Why have a shiny, bright colord bow for hunting? We used to paint all our nice shiny new wood limbed bows as soon as we got them home. Otherwise you could use them like a signal mirror.

Then again, with my fancy schmancy target bow, I figure if the bow looks good enough nobody will notice the 8s I keep shooting. :shade:

·
32,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know, I'm surprised at how many prefer the target colors. I really figured it would be 90/10 for camo. So far it's not that much diff. I think I will buy target colors from now on. I have two camo bows now, the Martin and the Old Glory and they are pretty but there are so many beautiful designs and colors that I'm seriously leaning toward the colors. It's like buying new Vaqueros in blue or stainless steel. I like the stainless, they just look tough in your hand when your getting shot down. I like my two 7&1/2 in. barrelled Vaqueros in stainless. They shine! I've got a Hoyt Pro tec on the way in red flame and it is really a beautiful bow. Can't wait to get it and deck it out.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I have a hunting bow and it is camo. Otherwise, I wouldn't have one, the same with my guns.

If I was a hunter and only had one, then of course, it would be camo. I like the beauty of a target bow and their finish is much more durable, but usually they are only available by special order which a lot of people don't want to take the time to do.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Camo

I guess I'm one of those guys that like camo...on everything! lol

The target colored bows look nice, but I'll never own one.

I prefer my bow to be camo, even if it's never used for hunting.

slinger

·
Registered
768 Posts
of course they are anodized bright cams...

thats why they are target.. why wuld that bother u unless ur planning on hunting..this is a weird thread, im mean the dark cams are for hunters and the colored pretty bows are for target thts how most people buy them, they dont by target bows with the thought of hunting with them??? so i understand the voting here but i dont understand the dispute for the rest of the post *****in bout the silver cams??? they werent anodized to go hunting with the shiny silver..DUH!

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
In general I don't care for the cartoon limbs and leaves you see on most camo bows. I DO like the looks of the Sherwood Forest camo that Merlin uses. Very subtle and classy for a camo bow IMO. I like to have a camo bow for hunting, but I wouldn't have a problem hunting with target colors if I had to. Especially hunting from a tree stand. A little camo tape and/or camo spandex and your ready to go... :wink:

·
32,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You live and learn. If and when I ever buy a new bow, it will be in target colors of my choice. No more camo for me. I've got two good hunting bows tht should last me a long time and anything new will be colorful and attractive. Just my own opinion. I'm sure camo will survive my personal doings, however!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sig.

Camo just covers up all that fine machine work. Never did like the camo. I think camo is just for all the guys who are not secure in thier manhood :p .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.