Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the camo clothing being offered in my area this year should be called "black out". The patterns are so dark they loose their definition at two feet. What is up with this trend? Sure am glad I bought some predator fall grey and have some older patterns as back up.:D

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would try one of the brands that was originated in Texas Called Bushland. I am not sure who sells it but it is someone from Texas I think. It has a green and brown that worked well for me while hunting near Sonora TX a few years back. Most of the larger brands are for those that think that all places have the same colors and for some that is okay but for others blending in is a very important thing when looking to get close and take a shot in your range...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bushland is a good camo but hard to find. Most of the stores carry Mossy oak, Realtree or advantage.
Cabelas does have a few "specialty"camo patterns.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The 1st Mossy Oak>>>

I hear ya'll WHAT IS UP WITH THE DARK BLOB! My favorite atleast in my part of the country was the original MOak. It was called
"Bottomland" no sticks/leaves not to dark. Just a Brown Earth tone main color and a lighter hue of brown fine black lines that mimmick a swamp chestnut oak.
The best thing that is close is the NATGEAR, IMHO!
I emailed Mossy Oak and asked them why they dont make it anymore they never even responded....that turned me off!!! I mean why have a contact email if you aint going to respond....There are tons of hunters that agree in my area that it and Moak "treestand" where awesome.
All of my new stuff is NATGEAR it worked so well in turkey season, If they had the 3-d leafy thing it would be the best ever!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I agree, the original Mossy Oak was some good camo. I would buy more if I could find it. Fall Predator works good and doesn't blob up.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Most camos are too dark. For the most part, lighter is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts