Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some don't care for the red wings as finger protectors, even though the function is obvious. My question is, how do they affect cocking the crossbow with a rope cocker. On my recurves, the cocking hooks ride the outside of the rail all the way back when cocking. I'm having trouble understanding how cocking hooks could do that with the finger protecting wings on the Camx. Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't own a Camx but have researched them a bit. I believe the wings stay folded down until its cocked then there in the up and locked position. Don't quote me on it tho.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The CAMX wings are on spring loaded hinges. They fold down while the rope cocker rolls along them and then return to their normal position once it is removed. There is no mechanism to "lock" the wings in any position.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Those wings don't get in the way at all since they flip down, great idea actually. We shot these bows last week at the ATA and we didn't use a rope, just grabbed them by hand to cock, it was pretty easy to do. The rope cocker has a round glide that holds down and slides along those wings until it's fully cocked. Nice bows actually, they look old school, but have very modern features a lot of other bows don't. And to shoot a true 330 Fps with a 410 gr arrow ain't bad either, not a lot of ten points for instance that are much faster. As you know their durability is unmatched- I see all makes come back thru the door during hunting season that have let someone down to a cracked cam or limb, I'll bet these never have those issues.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
The Camx is a rock solid hunting crossbow if you're not into the speed stuff, very rarely do you hear of any issues with them....

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts