Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an old Renegade single cam bow and I feel a great deal of hand vibration, like a kick out of it when I shoot it.
Now I finally just purchased a D350 so I'm not sure if the bow was this way all of the time and I'm just now noticing it since I've been shooting my new bow?
What should a guy look for?
I want my son to use it.
Thanks

·
edthearcher
6,458 Posts
Have an old Renegade single cam bow and I feel a great deal of hand vibration, like a kick out of it when I shoot it.
Now I finally just purchased a D350 so I'm not sure if the bow was this way all of the time and I'm just now noticing it since I've been shooting my new bow?
What should a guy look for?
I want my son to use it.
Thanks
the renegade bow was a great bow for awhile
yes and no strings stretch preformance goes down
tiller is vey important
get a new set of strings pre stretched and twisted to length
you will be shooting a like new bow

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
the renegade bow was a great bow for awhile
yes and no strings stretch preformance goes down
tiller is vey important
get a new set of strings pre stretched and twisted to length
you will be shooting a like new bow

Tiller is that critical in single cam bows??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had new string put on last summer, do you think that really could be it? If so I took alot folks advice on AT and want to get started on doing my own work on my bows, so how hard is it putting on new strings? I have a press ect.

·
Registered
11,379 Posts
A new single cam can get out of tune.

Strings may stretch a bit...

IT could be that the destroyer shoots much nicer.. and your just maybe noticing your old renegade is like that?

·
Registered
491 Posts
its because your destroyer is so much smoother, but single cam bows can definatly get out of tune.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Just had "new string put on last summer", do you think that really could be it? If so I took alot folks advice on AT and want to get started on doing my own work on my bows, so how hard is it putting on new strings? I have a press ect.
Since you replaced the string last summer, it probably has had enough shots (~100-200) through it to stretch it to where it should be reasonnably stable. Having done this, it would be appropriate to reset the bow to its original specs, including:

• Tiller (since only one cam, measure to cam axles - place a tight string (or long sraight edge) over/against each axle, do not use the bow string as the cam & wheel vary in dimension)
  • Brace height.
  • Axle to axle.
  • Draw weight.
  • Draw length.
  • Cam timing.
  • Nock point.
  • Peep location.
Good luck.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just for thought, My bow gained a major hand vibration and it would almost kick out of my hand it had a cracked limb rocker and lot of shooting strings stretched out of tune so to speak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts