Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an atension 2 that I have shot for 4-5 months. The last week or so it has started to prefire at the normal cam setting but if I move the moon slower it will not fire. What is odd is that with the release set as slow as possible it fires with the same amount of effort as it used to at half the speed. Does the hook or moon start to wear and need replacing? New to these releases so any advice would be helpful
Northwoods

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yes it is possible. It's probably not the moon though. Most likely it's the dump part that engages against the moon. Probably rounded off. Had this happen to me on a Stan D-Loop head a few years ago. Soft material :( I'd contact Carter.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
call carter. they come with a 1 year warrenty. :)

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
I guess it can happen, although I've got a few atensions that I've had for a couple of years now and they don't do it.

I also have the first two Stans that I ever purchased - sometime around 1974 or 1975, and those releases have been shot a LOT - and first, they are not RUSTY, and second, they work as cleanly today as they did over 28 YEARS ago. My opinion - - I think somewhere along the line the materials were changed to something less expensive for the manufacturer.

Definitely check with Carter about this, I'm sure they will make it right for you. Carter is among the best when it comes to release quality and customer support.

field14:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts