Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would look into this more. I thought you had to bet a bowtech FROM a shop in person. Their waranty is void if ordered over the internet.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Huntersfriend.com sells them as well as others. However, there is a shortage of Assassins so close to season openers nationwide. E-Bay has a handful being sold by legitimate shops as well. Just don't expect to see retail as they know demand is high.

Bowtech is not quite a stringent as Mathews is. However, Bowtech holds their dealers to sell within a tight margin. An RAK Assassin should cost you $599 in New York and the same in Florida. You may see a slight $20 difference but $599 is your sweet spot for the bow.

·
Registered
838 Posts
PM me and I can lead you to a dealer that will ship to you. He is a legitimate Bowtech dealer and has a Black Ops and Treestand camo in stock.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have one for sale, I bought it Aug 2nd and I love it but decided I'de rather have a target bow. Its not registered yet so will still have warinty, I think. I.ve put about 500 arrows through it. I paid $599. for it will sell it for $499.

It shoots great, so good in fact I place in a local 5 spot torni and it got me hooked and I'd just rather do that. Gona buy a strictly target bow.

·
Registered
305 Posts
you REALLY need to look into this. If there is a dealer within 30 mile hunterfriend CANNOT sell it to you. I know this as a fact for, I am in the process of trying to get around this. So far I have to talk to bowtech direct and see what they say. Plus bowtechs website says they do not waranty bows bought over the internet. I believe hunters friend has a special arrangement with them but yet again, LOOK INTO IT YOURSELF. do you really want to buy a new bow and find out it has no waranty

·
Registered
838 Posts
Considering that Bowtech is a pro shop line, and there are not alot of pro shops left....many of us live quite a ways from a Bowtech dealer. Huntersfriend has sold me a Bowtech before without questioning where I lived or the nearest dealer. Also, if he were to tell them that he will not shop at his nearest pro shop because of a previous bad experience, I seriously doubt niether Bowtech or Huntersfriend is going to lose a potential customer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i hope your right. as I said as of right now huntersfriend told me that they have to refer me to my local dealer. he gave me a number and name @ bowtech to see if they could give me an exemption. As of right now (I only called and e-mailed earlier today) no word from bowtech. i will again adamently suggest that anyone look into if thay have a dealer in their area.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me with Darton.I just emailed them and they emailed me back and said go ahead and get one online.In the end their still moving more product and as said above.They dont seem as strict as matthews and some others with the regional sales rules.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me with Darton.I just emailed them and they emailed me back and said go ahead and get one online.In the end their still moving more product and as said above.They dont seem as strict as matthews and some others with the regional sales rules.
What did you email them?
I don't qualify for the Bowtech for Boonies program. I really want the Bowtech Assassin Ready-To-Hunt package from Hunter's Friend. Hunter's Friend told me to ask for an exemption.
I wanted to know what you emailed Bowtech to let you buy the bow online?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can tell you what bowtech told me and that was if I lived within the milage (30 miles as the crowflies to nearest dealer) that they COULD NOT give me an exemption and I had to go to a dealer. I explained how I had problems with this dealer and they said to go to a different one as there was a second one an hour from me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I can tell you what bowtech told me and that was if I lived within the milage (30 miles as the crowflies to nearest dealer) that they COULD NOT give me an exemption and I had to go to a dealer. I explained how I had problems with this dealer and they said to go to a different one as there was a second one an hour from me.
I think you should ask to speak with a manager at bowtech if thats the case. I have a proshop bowtech dealer not 5 miles from me, and I bought my bowtech from huntersfriend! Never came up as for if there was a dealer near me. Great place to deal with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Talked to huntersfriend.com today, I qualified for the bowtech for boonies program but said they were out of right handed 70# assassins and won't have any until 2013. I dunno what's up with that.

·
FITA/TRAD/PARA SuperMod
3,528 Posts
even if it's not registered BowTech won't honor the warranty. It has to be returned to pro dealer with the original receipt. Don't get duped.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I think scottie has them for 565 new in the classifieds right now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts