Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally found a comfortable anchor. But my string alignment is way way left. So therefore, my sight is way right. I've shifted my grip to the right (a hoyt bow) and now i'm stuck with looking through an almost complete aperture.

i'm really hesitant to change my form, since i'm comfortable and i can group fairly well at 70, even with bare shafts. I tried changing my string alignment, and my group exploded.

So my question is this. Since i'm comfortable with my form, my groups are pretty tight, and my tune is great (bare shafts at 70m group with fletched arrows) can i move my centershot to the left so that i can move my aperture out of the riser? or am i doomed to changing my form?

·
(aka lug nut)
48,481 Posts
I've finally found a comfortable anchor. But my string alignment is way way left. So therefore, my sight is way right. I've shifted my grip to the right (a hoyt bow) and now i'm stuck with looking through an almost complete aperture.

i'm really hesitant to change my form, since i'm comfortable and i can group fairly well at 70, even with bare shafts. I tried changing my string alignment, and my group exploded.

So my question is this. Since i'm comfortable with my form, my groups are pretty tight, and my tune is great (bare shafts at 70m group with fletched arrows) can i move my centershot to the left so that i can move my aperture out of the riser? or am i doomed to changing my form?
icehaven:

IF you came down to Palo Alto,
I could work with you in person.

This is a RECURVE,
so the centershot is not adjustable.

You could try a smaller aperture.
I have the Ambo adjustable iris. Really nice.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
icehaven:

IF you came down to Palo Alto,
I could work with you in person.

This is a RECURVE,
so the centershot is not adjustable.

You could try a smaller aperture.
I have the Ambo adjustable iris. Really nice.
I leave for college in a week and i won't have time to drive that far (it's about an hour and a half away)

I currently use an 8mm Beiter aperture, so going smaller will be quite difficult. And i already work with a few people and they've all said just deal with it.

In response, couldn't i just move the plunger left/right to change the centershot? or would that in turn just require stiffening/loosening of the spring to get in tune again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts