Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently sold my PSE Rogue X and bought a 2008 Bowtech Guardian. I really like the idea of string stops, but have heard mixed reviews, at my local archery shop I shot a 2009 Bowtech Captain and really like the way it shot with the string stop. Now I'm confused.Help:darkbeer:

· Registered
3,868 Posts
I put one on my 2008 Commander it doesnt hurt and made it quieter if that's possible.

· Registered
1,730 Posts
thats a great topic, I bought a 08 Guardian off of here a month ago and it is sweet!!! Congrads....

This bow is smooth and super silent, the only thing I noticed was the twang in the string after the shot! So... I just got a custom surpresser off of here that matches my bow to a T!!! I havent shot it yet but Im sure it will make it even more silent!!!!!!

Ohh.. and if your curious I will let you know what I think, Im gonna shot it this weekend and try it out, if it works as good as I hope I can tell you where to get your own custom one on here form a fellow ATer!!!

· Registered
2,616 Posts
It will not hurt anything... It will silence your bow more than it is currently silenced. You POI can change when using these, depends on how you set it up. No speed loss. Works great! :nod:

· Registered
3,141 Posts
I bought an 08 Guardian out of the clasifieds here,Put a MeanV in matching camo on it,like said before if it was possible it is even quieter now.
Doesn't hurt anything,you can even use split limb limb silencers if you want to some people I know have them on their Guardians & Commanders

· Registered
3,962 Posts
there was a thread onhere that said the guardian didnt need one or it mad eit worse...dont listen...on mine it made a noticalbe difference, quieter, and help with little vibration that was left...

even though i still have a littel vibration but i believe its the composite sight housing on my sight...when you tap on it, it has a prtty good hum and vibration that i can feel in the grip too...at least i hope that what it is...maybe i need a little tuning done:confused:

· Registered
1,612 Posts
YES! put a STS on that baby!!! And then in the stock string stop location put a Balcom bow sling!!!

· Registered
3,962 Posts
oh and for a heads up...this is MY personal experiance...i used a string tamer sr. on my guardian and ended up gettin rid of it and replaced it with a vibracheck backstop...the string tamer when in the up position rubbed to much on my hand/wrist and caused me to torque the bow...and in the down position i didnt have enough cable clearance...ive seen the string tamer on the guardian here on AT in the up position and it may not be a problem for you...but it was for me

· Registered
1,730 Posts
I just shot mine for about a hour, and whoooooo what a diffrence it made!!! The twang is totally gone and it is killer!!

I got mine on here from a guy that custom makes them, its a carbon rod and he puts a small bowjax on it to boot!!!! He custom makes them and even custom makes graphics to put on it!!!! Mine is carbon, with green and silver flames and says GUARDIAN!!!! It is cool!!!! and it works GREAT!!!

He sells them in the classifieds for $40.00 custom and shipped and they are worth every penny!!!!!!! u intersted cause I will look and find his user name for ya!!!!!

· Registered
445 Posts
+100...Put a Meanv on my Guardian and it was scary quite.

www.meanv.com

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
Norway String Tamer

I have a Norway String Tamer on my '08 Guardian. It is dead quiet. No clearance issues whatsoever. If you put a good string stopper on your Guardian, you will be glad you did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.