Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that some of the US Coast Guards' finest bought a couple bows and arrows and all of the sudden consider themselves deadly:noidea: I thought the USCG were peaceful types and this is where they sent most of the conscientious objectors from the Marine Corps:confused:
So the water striders have some bows, bought a target or 2 and now want to step into the ring:rolleyes: Heck they even commandeered an entire building for their target range:thumb:
So I head down there to see if the swimmers can shoot and all of the sudden they are all AWOL except for 1 guy:noidea:
I see their target is still looking brand new and the walls are riddled with holes in a pattern that looks like a teenager was spraying with an uzi.:tongue:
Soooo....where are the Puddle-Jumpers? The cannon fodder you sent didn't stand a chance...don't make me re-enlist.:pepsi:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Doc,

What service are you in?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Another one of them things in the middle of the night that makes you go

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
41 Posts
Whatever!

So if they weren't shooting well than why didn't you lend a helping hand? the world is full of guys who have know idea what this sport is really all about and you are going to make fun of them?? We are constenly looking for more archers to fill ranges and your going to get picky about who they are?

And as for the USCG well my husband is a Chief Warrant Officer in the CG and he is great shooter, Al Paul is a Coastie and he has a ton of wins in the barebow class, and Scott Romero is also a Coastie and a member of Mathews Pro Staff.

I think from the looks of your 17,000 sum posts you are just looking for things to complain about.....

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So if they weren't shooting well than why didn't you lend a helping hand? the world is full of guys who have know idea what this sport is really all about and you are going to make fun of them?? We are constenly looking for more archers to fill ranges and your going to get picky about who they are?

And as for the USCG well my husband is a Chief Warrant Officer in the CG and he is great shooter, Al Paul is a Coastie and he has a ton of wins in the barebow class, and Scott Romero is also a Coastie and a member of Mathews Pro Staff.

I think from the looks of your 17,000 sum posts you are just looking for things to complain about.....

You missed the boat...call in the USCG:wink:

·
Registered
14,717 Posts

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
doc doc doc, you kill me man. Everyone, please not this thread was meant for fun. Doc is a great guy and means no harm in this- please dont take offense. He's just trying to make himself look better after shooting the wall himself :tongue:

so doc, i have an ultratec and a slayer here that need some lovin. The slayer should be here next week. Bring a target, and your "A" game, we're ready for you :tongue:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
doc doc doc, you kill me man. Everyone, please not this thread was meant for fun. Doc is a great guy and means no harm in this- please dont take offense. He's just trying to make himself look better after shooting the wall himself :tongue:

so doc, i have an ultratec and a slayer here that need some lovin. The slayer should be here next week. Bring a target, and your "A" game, we're ready for you :tongue:
No wall shots from me...heck I didn't even catch the blue shooting that 5 spot from the 40 yard mark:archer: Your cannon fodder was like a kid at the circus...kept having to move up closer and closer:noidea:
I've got a target or two I'll bring down, but I'll most likely have to keep leaving them there until that cement wall is covered up...at least until Carbon Express starts selling stock:tongue:
If you got a Slayer, then I'll bring the tools and some mojo. Although after I get that thing timed/tuned/dialed-in for you, then you may get re-assigned to skewering drug runners in the Atlantic--->don't blame me:D

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
yep, she should be here next week, along with my new victory x ringer hv's.....i just need to know what i should do for vanes---i need your suggestions, either the bi delta's or 2 inch blazers,,,,,heres the rig- what do you think?

Attachments

·
Owner WR Custom Bowstring
1,057 Posts
GJU,

Looks like the Slayer needs some WR Custom Bow Strings hand made by a Coastie!:wink:

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
GJU,

Looks like the Slayer needs some WR Custom Bow Strings hand made by a Coastie!:wink:
roger that sir, i actually just put a custom set on- im a shooter for a string maker on here so i have to support them, or else i would of. :wink:

·
1,057 Posts
I know! Just thought I would throw it out there! How is the range coming?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sir,

I'll let you know on Monday if I'm going to need you to make me some new strings. Can you do New York Yankees colors? I don't care if they match my bow, the season starts in about a week and I can't wait.

Kurt

·
1,057 Posts
Kurt ,
No problem on the Yankees colors! Like I said any color you want from mild to wild!

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
I know! Just thought I would throw it out there! How is the range coming?
its coming, slow. Still waiting for a shop to call me back in regards to a few backstop targets. havnt heard from them yet.......fishing season is right around the corner- get 2 more people together sir, and we'll go. We'll even let BM1 tag along :tongue:

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Heck I seen some of the Bathtub sailors shoot. They can use the all the help they can get.:tongue: Huh str8. :wink:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yep, she should be here next week, along with my new victory x ringer hv's.....i just need to know what i should do for vanes---i need your suggestions, either the bi delta's or 2 inch blazers,,,,,heres the rig- what do you think?
I would go MiniBlazers unless you plan on playing in the IBO Hunter Class, then you'll have to go 4 inch vanes...upgrade yourself to MBR and you can shoot the MiniBlazers and you'll only have to shoot 10 yards more...I know the Slayer can handle that...well as long as you tighten up that loose nut behind your string:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts