Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the biggest size of eason x7's I can shoot out of my Hoyt 38 Pro at 55#. I'll use them for indoors spots and vegas. If someone with the arrow selector sotware could get me some sizes, lengths, and weight points I would need, I would greatly appeciate it.

Thanks in advance,
David

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Thats an easy one the biggest you can get are Easton 2712's , cut them to 31 inches long and put in 250-300 grain points. Will the spine out for you , no, will they shoot good for indoors , yes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why don't they have to spine out for the bow? Won't beig spined incorrectly affect the accuracy of them?

·
edthearcher
6,494 Posts
spine

for your large diam. alum. and carbon arrows, I dont believe there is any chart that will tell you exactly on how to set them up. its really a trial by error. I have the TAP program and could never come up with an answer . so the best bet is to follow to a degree what other people post on here if you choose to go that route. I just finished putting to geather some carbon express line jammers on advice from members. I got better advice here than when I called carbon express tech dept. but if you dont go the fat arrow route. there are many tune charts for each product you buy

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
TO get the 27 to spine out correctly for your bow you would have to cut the arrows to 31 inches with 250 grain points and be shooting 80 lbs to spine out. Not logical to do that but for 20 yards lots of people are shooting them at lower poundages and they will fly fine.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
agreed! my GT 30X are a .150 spine LOL cant get them perfect, so i just run em full lenth and 250g points and there good to go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts