Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a reign 7, don't have it yet but it should be here tomorrow. I just want to make sure the arrows I have will be fine. The bow has 70# limbs, maxes out around 72# is what the previous owner said. I'll have it set at 28" draw length but not sure about performance or comfort yet I'll have to mess with both and see which I like better. I have 2 sets of arrows though, one set is Easton Axis N-Fused 5mm in .300 spine 28.75" long 100 grain point with 50 grain brass insert and 3 fletch Blazers. The other set is Carbon Express Mayhem 350s 28.25" long standard carbon express insert 3 fletch Blazers. I just want to know which would be the preferred one as far as spine and tuning. I like the axis arrows but if I can do just as well with a little bit lighter arrow and pick up some speed I will.

·
Registered
50,431 Posts
Get your bow, get it set up then shoot both arrows and see which one you like the best. You can come up with all kinds of "numbers" both of those arrows will work, just see which one works the best.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
IMO the Axis is slightly underspined and the Carbon Express is very underspined. I would drop the bow poundage down some if you go with the CX arrows.
Of the 2 arrows the Axis would be a better choice and should tune ok.

·
Registered
50,431 Posts
IMO the Axis is slightly underspined and the Carbon Express is very underspined. I would drop the bow poundage down some if you go with the CX arrows.
Of the 2 arrows the Axis would be a better choice and should tune ok.
Disagree actually he is not underspine on either arrow.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I downloaded the trial version of OT2 last night and it showed the axis as being slightly over spined. I didn't input the CX arrows though so I'll look at that tonight. If both are ok and not way under or over spined I'll shoot both and see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts