Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wrist release and I shot a few arrows with a friends TruBall handheld release. His bow tension is much higher than mine, but for some reason when I used his release, it was much easier for me to draw his bow. I didn't have my bow available to try it with, but have drawn his bow in the past using my release and it certainly seemed to have been much more difficult. Are there really that many different muscle groups being utilized between the two styles of releases?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
when drawing with your hand you have a "grip" and are using much more muscles to draw when using a wrist you are using your bicep and back muscles mostly i would say this is an easy way of explaining it i may be incorrect on some points though

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when drawing with your hand you have a "grip" and are using much more muscles to draw when using a wrist you are using your bicep and back muscles mostly i would say this is an easy way of explaining it i may be incorrect on some points though
Stands well enough to reason. I hadn't really thought about it in the sense that there are more muscles being utilized. Just that maybe different groups were affected by the type of releases.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts