Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought this Under Armour style long sleeve off ebay and love the colors on it. I think it will match the vegetation very well to what I hunt here in southern california. However the manufacturing company, "Mothwing", doesnt offer their products online and I can't find their camo clothing ANYWHERE else online. This is called their "Spring Mimicry 2.0" pattern on mothwing.com. Can someone inform me of some camo patterns that are closely related to this in the picture? I do all spot n stalk, so I don't need patterns with a lot of trees and branches, but more so patterns with brush and bushes. I also don't ever hunt when it's really cold, so I don't need super insulated stuff. Honestly when i hunt, it's some camo cargo pants (MAYBE with thermals if it's cold enough), a long sleeve under shirt like the one I just bought, a camo t-shirt over it, maybe a thin jacket over that if it's cold enough, and a hat w/facemask. Any and all information would be GREATLY appreciated!! This website is very helpful! Great community! camo.JPG

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. - I don't really hunt around fern at all, but I chose this pattern shirt because it doesn't have too much "tree" stuff on it, and the colors are great. That color green of the fern is closely related to the brushes I hunt around and the brownish behind it is a great background color. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Not to be rude, but isnt the typically terrain in CA pretty light colored. That camo is extremelly dark and will look black from any distance at all.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looks like something Mossyoak would produce to me.

·
Sponge 4 bowhunting info
11,112 Posts
Whikle i personally think the pattern is FUGLY and not ideal for CA, your best source for the product (and at the best price) would be:

Kendall Card
email: [email protected]
office: 801-676-9631 | direct: 435-602-2729
address: 146 East 13065 South, Suite A, Draper, UT 84020
www.camofire.com

·
Heavy Hitter
2,525 Posts
I don't know if you guys have the sporting goods store dunhams out there but they do or at least did sell this pattern

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to be rude, but isnt the typically terrain in CA pretty light colored. That camo is extremelly dark and will look black from any distance at all.
None taken! There's a lot of sage brush, but there's a lot of "lively" green out here too. Not sure of the name of the vegetation. There's a lot of dead golden straw colors in the summer and early fall. By the time deer season comes around, it's a mixture of colors of the shirt i posted. Yes, there's a little much of the dark brown on it, but it's the best I could find and didn't cost much to check out. Also keep in mind this is an undergarment, so it will be under a T-Shirt by the time I deer hunt again. Also, if anyone knows of any patterns that are once again "brush-like", but sage green mixed with the green on the fern of the picture I posted, that'd be pretty spot on. More green variations, not as much brown. Anything helps!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know if you guys have the sporting goods store dunhams out there but they do or at least did sell this pattern
Negative. In my area, about the best I get is Turner's, Big 5, and a few archery/shooting shops. That's California for ya...

BUUUUUT I do work for a firearms company, which means we have a lot of vendors like Midway USA, Ellett Brothers, and more that I can see if they carry the stuff you guys best recommend. That's the beauty of working for a gun company!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whikle i personally think the pattern is FUGLY and not ideal for CA, your best source for the product (and at the best price) would be:

It may be fugly, but like i said I bought it more for the colors and not the pattern. And it's the closest I could find to what I hunt around in San Diego. All you tree hunters have it easy with the common Mossy Oak "treestand" stuff!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
What about something like max-1 or cabelas sage brush patterns? I don't rely on camo, but I definitely would not wear that pattern in sage brush/open areas. I will post a picture tomorrow of my dad wearing camo like that, he looks like a black bear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you check out their sight? They have decent camo I think but caters to what hunters like instead of what animals cant see. You may like some of their other patterns more. You can get the mountain mimicry really easy. Core4element.com uses that pattern.

I still think asat is the best camo for all around, especially SoCal. Hunters think it looks weird but the deer can't even see it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about something like max-1 or cabelas sage brush patterns? I don't rely on camo, but I definitely would not wear that pattern in sage brush/open areas. I will post a picture tomorrow of my dad wearing camo like that, he looks like a black bear.
I did a little research and the Realtree Max-1 seems like a good deal. Too bad camo stuff is SO expensive.. lol. I haven't looked at cabela's sage brush pattern, but i will look it up. Thanks again!

·
Sponge 4 bowhunting info
11,112 Posts

It may be fugly, but like i said I bought it more for the colors and not the pattern. And it's the closest I could find to what I hunt around in San Diego. All you tree hunters have it easy with the common Mossy Oak "treestand" stuff!!! :wink:
I'm a pure ground pounder, prefer optifade OC for most situations.

what_ungulates_see_big.jpg

·
Registered
728 Posts
I did a little research and the Realtree Max-1 seems like a good deal. Too bad camo stuff is SO expensive.. lol. I haven't looked at cabela's sage brush pattern, but i will look it up. Thanks again!
Do your shopping, with a popular camo pattern like Max-1 you can find pretty good deals. Check out Cabelas a lot of stuff on sale right now.

·
Bluff Country Bowhunter
2,385 Posts
A lot of Core 4 Element comes in Max-1. Check out CamoFire and you'll find great deals (30-50% off) on it. C4E offers discounts on their website every once in a while too.
I have a few pieces and it's great stuff. I plan on going all-out with it for a future elk hunt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts