Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They all use Barnsdale limbs, a 2-track binary cam, and all the risers basically look identical. They're all nice shooting bows, but it this going to be a common trend? How much better or worse can one shoot over the other, when, for all intents and purposes, they're the same bow?

Didn't Strother get taken to court by Elite for the use of the 2-track binary? Is it safe to assume that NBA and Athens are either also infringing on the patent or paying Elite Archery royalties for its use?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
The difference is the companies are owned by different people.............:zip:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'm interested too....let's see where this thread goes........:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
They all use Barnsdale limbs, a 2-track binary cam, and all the risers basically look identical. They're all nice shooting bows, but it this going to be a common trend? How much better or worse can one shoot over the other, when, for all intents and purposes, they're the same bow?

Didn't Strother get taken to court by Elite for the use of the 2-track binary? Is it safe to assume that NBA and Athens are either also infringing on the patent or paying Elite Archery royalties for its use?
Elite took Kevin to court because Kevin designed the 2 track system before leaving Elite so when he tried to start his new company using the same system, he was basically stealing technology from Elite. Elite bought his 2track patent application so how could he use it? The other companies mentioned are still using it because the patent hasn't been awarded yet.

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Elite took Kevin to court because Kevin designed the 2 track system before leaving Elite so when he tried to start his new company using the same system, he was basically stealing technology from Elite. Elite bought his 2track patent application so how could he use it? The other companies mentioned are still using it because the patent hasn't been awarded yet.
I guess the next few years are going to be interesting then, eh?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Warranty

Elite has a better Warranty! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
351 Posts
They do have the hunter warranty but pearson atleast when I called them told me we warranty the bow not the shooter so your used bow is covered
The same with Elite now. The warranty is now transferable from owner to owner.

·
Banned
3,019 Posts
i've shot them all and pearson is the bow for me,love the grip and their cam has a better draw cycle than the rest, and is just as fast if not faster.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's right! But isn't Quest a subsidiary of one of the companies I already mentioned? G5 right?
Yes and all the rest have risers mad by G-5. Bowtec is the only one w/ the true rights to the cam systm. because the they bought the exclusive rights from Rex Darlington.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts

You forgot High Country???

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UM and I thought Martin had some great CS......all I can say is.....:faint:........and I Elite will be getting first look from me next time I need a new bow....that is if some dink doesnt take advantage of em to bad and screw it up for all of us.
Martin DOES have tremendous CS. I only had 2 bad sets of limbs out of the 30+ Martins I've owned, and I was taken care of both times even though I wasn't the original owner. That's one of the main reasons I've stuck with Martin for as long as I have.

Yes and all the rest have risers mad by G-5. Bowtec is the only one w/ the true rights to the cam systm. because the they bought the exclusive rights from Rex Darlington.
Cool. I did not know that, so thanks for posting it.

You forgot High Country???
As far as I know, they don't use a 2-track binary. I was impressed with the SpeedPro that I shot in terms of vibration and noise, but the bottom limb leaned so bad at full draw that it just about turned me off until I see something different.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts