Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting 2 customize wooden arrows with wraps. I don't see much wrappings, just dipping, will they not stick?

·
Registered
819 Posts
They SHOULD stick depending on what the arrow is finished with. I think some Bohning lacquers have funky composition that make it hard for stuff to stick to it. I finish mine with Minwax poly, and everything seems to stick. I guess the only way to find out is to try one.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
yes you can wrap them; but might want to think about crested and dipped by hand for a more consistant weight distribution on the shaft:tongue:
Yes Bohning makes the best for this process if you take the finish off and do a good prep on the shaft........

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
paint is more traditional, wraps are modern High tec stuff, like compounds, something to be frowned upon.. so I've been told.. :zip: :zip: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
yes you can wrap them; but might want to think about crested and dipped by hand for a more consistant weight distribution on the shaft
Yes Bohning makes the best for this process if you take the finish off and do a good prep on the shaft........??????

I would have to somewhat disagree with this statement. Wraps are way more consistant in weight. You are always putting on the same thickness with every wraps. (If you always buy from the same company) If you buy from me then buy from someone else the wraps may not be made out of the same material. (So You are kind of right) The key is using the same company.. With wraps you need to seal the shaft first, Then you can wrap it. You can also change the wraps as often as you need with out making a mess and no smelly fumes. I do have to say, Dipped and crested shaft do have that certian something about them that make it traditional. If you need anything click on our link below or contact me and I will be more then willing to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts