Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been starting to really string my groups in a up and down fashion.No major changes in bow or arrow set-up. Just seem to be getting a lot of high-low misses.More low then high though. any ideas , advise, thoughts ? Hoyt Katera is my bow

·
Registered
688 Posts
check your cam timing , make sure the top cam hits juz ahead of the bottom. if your cams are out of time this will cause the high low misses. if your cams are in time make sure that you do not sink down in the peep this will also cause low hits . hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I agree if the cam's are out of whack you will not get a good nock travel, and check your rest, make sure it's dropping out of the way and your not getting some contact issue.

·
74,535 Posts
Old Geezer

Been starting to really string my groups in a up and down fashion.No major changes in bow or arrow set-up. Just seem to be getting a lot of high-low misses.More low then high though. any ideas , advise, thoughts ? Hoyt Katera is my bow
Get those eyes checked! I notice the older I get the more my groups get larger.:eek: Good way to check is move up to 20yrds and see if you are getting high or lows on a five spot target.

Honestly I notice I dont get quite centered in the peep all the time and will get high and lows. I often wonder if could be eyesight.

Having a orange glow ring to center the peep is a plus for me.
DB

·
Registered
688 Posts
another explination of sinking in the peep . when shooting your rifle with open sights center in the peep would be useing all of the front beed sinking in the peep you would be useing 3/4 of the front beed. the less of the front sight you use the lower you hit .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts