Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of doing a US Military Tribute Custom Bowtech Invaison . This will be a first for me so there are alot of things I dont know . I will be taking this Bow to as many 3D shoot around my area as possible and I will also be displaying this Bow at as many Military Events as I can . My Bro-Inlaw is in with the Wounded Worrier Project so it will be shown there as well . The theme behind this Bow will be Based on a appache Gunship . I think this would make a great stabilizer so if you can build it post up and let me know the cost Thanks for the help guys ! gunner stab 2.jpg

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Can do something similar to this but shorter and silver colored.
uploadfromtaptalk1364063299904.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364063323731.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
215 Posts
I can build that! I would fill honored to make it for the cause. (FREE) I'm a Desert Storm vet, who was with the 101st Airborne, and my son is in the Army serving with the 101st Airborne now.

I would need more information, such as how long you want it, what diameter, basically dimensions.

I've modeled it in solidworks already, and can start on it tomorrow if you can give me the information. Here is a screen shot from solidworks.

GUNNER1.JPG

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I can build that! I would fill honored to make it for the cause. (FREE) I'm a Desert Storm vet, who was with the 101st Airborne, and my son is in the Army serving with the 101st Airborne now.

I would need more information, such as how long you want it, what diameter, basically dimensions.

I've modeled it in solidworks already, and can start on it tomorrow if you can give me the information. Here is a screen shot from solidworks.

View attachment 1630352

Let me know what you think.
That is what the Archery Community needs. An indidual who is willing and able to understand the cause and out of selfless service is willing to go above and beyone!

·
HillsideCustomSlings, LLC
13,591 Posts
Class act :darkbeer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is pretty cool! Although, im from Canada, i dont know how much i can help. Im a machinist so i could possibly give input on the build. Good luck!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roger, I dont know if this will help or just make you stand back and scratch your head but here it is........HEY MAN YALL STOP LAUGHING!!!!!! gunner stab ready to go.jpg

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks perfect ! and no sir it will not hit the riser . on the hole for the front if you can ? drill the front out the whole length of the main barrel and tap the back side and when I add the extention rod and or weights to it the rod will drop in the main barrel give it a flash supressor look and and not to mention it should look just like a the M230 cain gun on a apache

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hole in front inside to inside 3/4 " ? will that still leave enough meat on the main barrel for structural stability or will that make the walls to thin

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
Throwing my 2 cents out there and I understand this isn't an "open" project. If I were doing this I would incorporate a large bullet in the center similar to many stabs out there that have a carbon center tube inside a larger OD tube. Maybe a shell that can have a threaded back end so you can attach it from the side that would be against the riser.
Roger, I dont know if this will help or just make you stand back and scratch your head but here it is........HEY MAN YALL STOP LAUGHING!!!!!! View attachment 1630742

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the hole in the top where it will mount to the bow will be big enough to let me use just a bolt so I can loosen it and swing it from left or right

·
Registered
215 Posts
The following pictures are what I think you want. Let me know if this is right.

This is with a 5/8" hole drilled 6" deep.
gunner2 front.JPG

This is the view from the back showing a .201 dia. hole with 1/4-20 threads.
gunner2 back.JPG

And this is a transparent view.
gunner2 front transparent.JPG

I can make the 5/8" hole 3/4" if you want, but I do think the wall thickness would be a little thin.
As it is now Solidworks shows it weighing .68 pounds.

1 - 20 of 304 Posts