Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,717 Posts
you dont need any extra parts, just turn the spring tension down as far as it will go, the arms will drop and there will be down tension on the launcher , then just hook your cord to the screw that stops the upward motion of the launcher arms serve it into the cable and there ya go.

im in the process of setting up a premier myself , and on my other bow i use a GKF 3D ROVER converted to a drop away, they work great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
And, if you want it to fall faster...wind the spring the opposite way; seems to work just fine.

GKF does make a longer support arm and adapter piece for conversion of an Infiniti and/or Golden Premier or Primier to a fallaway. The adapter piece is made for tying on the lanyard and connects to the launcher arm.

http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/dropaway.html

scroll down to the FAC-1.

OR, contact GKF directly, tell them what you want to do, and I'm sure they will send you the parts you want for this conversion.
Golden Key Futura
14090-6100 Rd.
Montrose,CO 81401
Phone # : 970-249-6700
Fax #:970-249-4108
[email protected]

field14

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Moose Mustard. I did exactly the thing you are asking about.
Firstly, I turned the spring tension adjuster back to have the rest sitting on the shelf. I then fitted a slightly longer bolt in place of the top travel stop screw, attched some suitable material,( i used serving material ), to the bolt then attached a small spring to the end of the material, then more material from the other end of the spring to one of the cables lower down. I fitted a brass crimp-on nock locater on the cable and tied the material just below that.
This is how Clint Freeman set up his Bernadini rest when he was using that.
My set up didnt work because i later found out that my cams were out of timing, but the rest worked just fine.
It took me about 15 minutes to set up at a very low cost, no more than $5.

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
if you wind the spring to much in the wrong direction it will bind inside the housing if you want to do it right on the cheap call them and buy a left hand rest spring.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes you can as mentioned above. I have two 3D Rovers set up this way. No spring binding in six years of use. I use a piece of loop cord with a loop served on one end around the launcher arm, the other end is through the hole on the cable guard bracket and has a nock crimped on. Simple and works for me.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks dudes....or a right handed spring since my draw arm is on the south side? I e mailed GKF...and i never heard from them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts