Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a longtime PSE man (20+ years), until I took the Mathews challenge, and the rest is history. I have a proshop that set my Mathews up for me along with my last couple of PSE's. I used to alway tune them myself, but due to family constraints and time issues, just let them do it. Anyway here is my question.

When tuning the Mathews Switchback XT, when I sight down the center of the riser, down the center of the hole opposite the front stabilizer hole and down the center of the cam where the string lies, my arrow should be in line with the string at the business end correct? When turning my nocks on my newly fletched arrows to get proper clearance, I noticed that my Whisker Biscuit was about 1/4" to the left and the business end of the arrow shaft was almost a full half inch from being in line with the string. My sight pins were even further to the left!
Am I correct in saying it should be inline with the string all the way?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
The one i had was just like yours and it shot great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
jpm_mq2 said:
The one i had was just like yours and it shot great.

Mine shoots great also, I am just concerned that something is not right. How was your center shot set up?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Instead of worrying about what it should look like, use a centershot guage, paper tune, sight in, and enjoy the new bow! I think a lot of folks here make things way more complicated than they have to be. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Walk Back

Do a search for Walk Back Tuning and find a post by either JAVI or nuts&bolts. These guys have some great advice and know how to explain it very well. (they are not the only ones, but just the 1st two to come to mind) If you can't find their posts just shoot me a pm with your e-mail and I will send you a file. I have pretty good collection of their posts (my tuning bible i call it) that I have saved, and I am more than willing to send you what you need.

Welcome to Archery Talk, and you will find that there are many knowledgeable people here that are almost always willing to help.

Mitch

·
Banned
738 Posts
!

well i dont have a Mathews bow,but when i set mine up,i used a centershot tool,got everything lined up ,sight too,then tuned from there,if you look at it now,it looks like its off,but it shoots bullets out to 40yds.............thats all that matters...right..........:darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
swamphunter1968 said:
I have been a longtime PSE man (20+ years), until I took the Mathews challenge, and the rest is history. I have a proshop that set my Mathews up for me along with my last couple of PSE's. I used to alway tune them myself, but due to family constraints and time issues, just let them do it. Anyway here is my question.

When tuning the Mathews Switchback XT, when I sight down the center of the riser, down the center of the hole opposite the front stabilizer hole and down the center of the cam where the string lies, my arrow should be in line with the string at the business end correct? When turning my nocks on my newly fletched arrows to get proper clearance, I noticed that my Whisker Biscuit was about 1/4" to the left and the business end of the arrow shaft was almost a full half inch from being in line with the string. My sight pins were even further to the left!
Am I correct in saying it should be inline with the string all the way?

Thanks guys

Believe it or not Mathews suggests you set your center shot between 11/16 & 13/16. My Prestige is set at 12/16, and when you look at it, the arrow seems to be pointing to the left. But it shoots awesome through paper and I also walk back tuned it and everthing is good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw this

deerslayer420us said:
Believe it or not Mathews suggests you set your center shot between 11/16 & 13/16. My Prestige is set at 12/16, and when you look at it, the arrow seems to be pointing to the left. But it shoots awesome through paper and I also walk back tuned it and everthing is good.
I saw this in the book, where is it measured from??
Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts