Archery Talk Forum banner

Can you Hot Glue HIT inserts

2385 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  xman59
I like to hot glue my inserts and am thinking about using Easton AXIS arrows and they have the HIT insert...can you hot glue them in like other inserts...
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
I dont see why not, I've put them in with super glue before you just have to be quick.

· In Urban We Trust
2,469 Posts
There must be a reason for Easton wanting you to use epoxy instead of hot glue, they send the epoxy with the arrows.

· Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,155 Posts
I used hot glue on some of my girlfriend's axis arrows and never had a problem with them, they all worked great and none pulled out or had any negative effects from what I could see.

· Registered
13,757 Posts
hot melt will work, been doing it for years,,,, just make sure the inside of the shaft is clean... i usually screw a field tip into the insert, then coat the shoulder of the tip with string wax, push them in, the wax keeps the glue from sticking to the tip which can then been removed with ease....so the depth is set and the tip is ready all at one time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.