Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· today's macguyver
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The year you shot your trophies ?
Me , my son and brother were sitting around camp this weekend and were talking about deer , how they were killed and where . both me and my brother could tell you every detail of the kill from all of the ones on the wall , but could not remember the year they were shot , other than the most recents year or years , say at most 2 years ago .
Seams like after 2 years you lose track .
I do remember the year of the very first buck i killed in 95 and my first big buck in 97 , but in no way can remember the 58 other bucks i have taken .
I guess it is time to start tattooing the year on my skull mounts , to late for all the others but still a good idea .

Just food for thought !!

· Registered
21,794 Posts
I put my check in tag on the back of my mounts. Im about like you i can replay the hunt and the shot of all the bucks i have mounted. But the year i have no idea except for recent kills. The wife puts up with 4 Bucks in the living room without any fuss. My last 130" buck is going to get replaced with this years kill. This will give me 4 deer over 140" gross. my new goal is 4 150's. One day all we will have are are mounts to set and look at and remember better days. You can't eat horns but you sure can remember them.

· Registered
6,545 Posts
I remember my 1st n only Trophy Buck. !962 a Forkhorn Blacktail Buck, i killed in Sept. with my .410 n a slug. 3 miles east of Trinidad, Calif where we lived. All of those since then have been icing on the Cake

· Registered
9,658 Posts
Pretty easy for me, as I have far fewer to remember. ;) I did make a doc for my youngest son, as he was the most enthused for a while. He lives in Jersey City now, and none of the 3 hunt anymore. I doubt he’s interested at this point. It did take me 39 years to beat my first buck, and both of my top 2 were more luck than anything.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.