Archery Talk Forum banner

Can you shoot FOBs through a whisker biscuit??

9294 Views 29 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  Lammas
Just wondered if anyone has had success with this combination?? If so, do they fly good? How bout with BH's? How well do they last?
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
5,643 Posts
Been shooting that combo for a couple weeks,arrow flight is a little erratic. Fob's usually end up by my feet. Thinking about designing an fob catcher that attaches to my arm guard. PM me if you would like me to make you one.

· Registered
elite archery ................ mossy oak
636 Posts
:embara::embara::embara::embara: tou really asked that

· Registered
5,920 Posts
Just wondered if anyone has had success with this combination?? If so, do they fly good? How bout with BH's? How well do they last?
Must be the OFF-SEASON, because you are definitely OFF!!!! :lol:

· Registered
734 Posts
oh, they last just fine.

I would tell u about arrow flight, but i'm really not sure, as soon as I shot something poked me in the eye, and i look down and there is my fob and nock laying at my feet.

i don't know what got me in the eye but man it really hurt :embara:

· Registered
1,863 Posts
Oh boy!

I needed that! Only problem is I spit dip all over my screen...

· Registered
3,514 Posts
I got a pm regarding this rest....

http://www.midatlanticarchery.com/vanishingrest.aspx

It will be a few months before I can get my hands on one (they need to fill back orders first).

According to Mike at Mid Atlantic, mixed results with FOBs and not enough data. (they have not done much testing with FOBs). I can not wait to see if this "drop out biscuit" works!

From my understanding, it has the clearance, just need to make sure you have fairly level nock travel.

· Registered
2,542 Posts
I bet the results are spectacular
and for the regular wb version, yeah, I did it,. By mistake, my one and only mistake is not dry firing a bow but shiooting an FOb thru a bow set to shoot vanes. I had my switchback set up to shoot Fobs and a DXT set to shoot Quick Spins. IN the second it takes to grab an arrow and look at a distaraction to my right, is all it took. I drew and released just as I see the FOB going at the WB. I closed my eyes andthen herd the whump. I see the arrow go and hit the target at the bottom left at the ground(ten yards away. and the fob landed just to my left. with the nock still in it. I picked upthe FOB and went and got the arrow and put the FOB back on and put it back in its proper quiver./ I went back and checked the WB and all it had done was refluff the hairs. I picked up an arrow with a Quick Spin St and shot the target and hit dead center.

No harm , no foul, Lesson leaarned, keep arrow and bows seperated if shooting different setups. but I now never have to worry about that , all my setups are FOB set ups.

Just goes to show, the FOBs are really resilliant.

· Registered
1,992 Posts
It works great you just have to turn it around and mount it on the front of the riser :shade:.

· Registered
325 Posts
Would you suck a watermelon through a straw?? If it dont look like its made to fit it prob won't. Stick with blazers on your arrows with a WB and you will never go wrong or have any trouble..

· Registered
36,987 Posts
I would respond but I am :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: to think of a good response ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.