Got Archery?
3,030 Posts
How do they adjust with the rope?

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How do they adjust with the rope?
The ropes are constrictors.... basically a rope inside another rope. I build these myself from special rope materials, using special tools. When you pull on the outer rope, it constricts onto the inner rope and holds extremely tight. It's the same concept and use as a prussic, but ALOT cleaner, lighter, and stronger. The ropes I use have a special treatment to them, that makes them very soft and pliable, yet very durable and tough.

FYI, the ropes shown here have a load rating of about 3000#.:eek:

Each rope weighs 2.9 oz (compared to 6.9 oz for the LW cam buckles) and has a 6 ft max. eye to eye length (LW cam buckles are about 5.5 ft). This is a great way to drop weight from your LW sticks and make them TOTALLY quiet!

I'm almost ready to get a waiting list started. Each rope takes me almost 30 minutes to build.:rolleyes: I gotta get quicker.:nod:

-ZA

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the ropes are like the ropes and work like the ropes used on Loc-on and the old Loggy Bayou hangon stands?
I have no experience with those ropes. However, these are similar, but superior in every way to the ones used by Tree Hopper. Tree hopper uses polypropeleyne rope (ski rope) which is plasticy, stiff, picks easily, degrades in sunlight and has a "cheap" feel to it.

-ZA

·
Registered
449 Posts
How much would you charge for each rope? Aside from the weight difference I like the fact there is no buckle to hit any metal.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Oh Oh I guess I was wrong, It must be the ropes that are new. Sorry I didn't notice that. He He They do look sweet. Are or can you make some with rubber coated hooks on them?

B-man

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have no experience with those ropes. However, these are similar, but superior in every way to the ones used by Tree Hopper. Tree hopper uses polypropeleyne rope (ski rope) which is plasticy, stiff, picks easily, degrades in sunlight and has a "cheap" feel to it.

-ZA
I saw the same concept at the Iowa Deer Classic....I believe it was tree hopper. They are slick and quiet. I always seem to ding the buckles on my LW sticks. I am interested in being on "THE LIST".

Thanks

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw the same concept at the Iowa Deer Classic....I believe it was tree hopper. They are slick and quiet. I always seem to ding the buckles on my LW sticks. I am interested in being on "THE LIST".

Thanks
I'll start an ad/list soon in the manufacturers forum. I'm planning on building up some stock ropes for maybe a week or so, then start taking orders. That way, I can get a large chunk of the initial orders knocked out early.

The treehopper uses 1/2" polypro rope rated for 3000#.... I use special 1/4" rope rated for 3200#!:eek::wink:

-ZA

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For all the guys interested..... these ropes require TWO HANDS to tighten... just like it takes two hands to move a prussic hitch on a static line. The cam buckle arrangement only takes one hand, once you have it looped over the versa button. I just wanted to make that clear. Personally, it's not an issue for me, I find it very easy to do.

-ZA

·
Banned
125 Posts
The ropes are constrictors.... basically a rope inside another rope. I build these myself from special rope materials, using special tools. When you pull on the outer rope, it constricts onto the inner rope and holds extremely tight. It's the same concept and use as a prussic, but ALOT cleaner, lighter, and stronger. The ropes I use have a special treatment to them, that makes them very soft and pliable, yet very durable and tough.

FYI, the ropes shown here have a load rating of about 3000#.:eek:

Each rope weighs 2.9 oz (compared to 6.9 oz for the LW cam buckles) and has a 6 ft max. eye to eye length (LW cam buckles are about 5.5 ft). This is a great way to drop weight from your LW sticks and make them TOTALLY quiet!

I'm almost ready to get a waiting list started. Each rope takes me almost 30 minutes to build.:rolleyes: I gotta get quicker.:nod:

-ZA
Cool idea. How much do you expect to sell them for? :)

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool idea. How much do you expect to sell them for? :)
Somewhere around $8-$10 per 6 ft rope, maybe $0.50 for each additional foot for custom length ones. For a point of reference, the Lone Wolf cambuckle straps cost $10 each.:wink:

Currently, it takes me about 30 minutes to assemble each rope.:mad: My price is going to reflect the time it takes me to make the darn things. I'm trying to get the process streamlined, so that I cna charge less, but we'll see.

I'm thinking these would kinda be like a set custom bowstrings, except you wouldn't need to replace them every year or so.

-ZA

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Somewhere around $8-$10 per 6 ft rope, maybe $0.50 for each additional foot for custom length ones. For a point of reference, the Lone Wolf cambuckle straps cost $10 each.:wink:

Currently, it takes me about 30 minutes to assemble each rope.:mad: My price is going to reflect the time it takes me to make the darn things. I'm trying to get the process streamlined, so that I cna charge less, but we'll see.

I'm thinking these would kinda be like a set custom bowstrings, except you wouldn't need to replace them every year or so.

-ZA
If you start getting too big for your britches you might have to have the chinese make them for ya! Or are you gonna keep em American Made? Where is the rope made?

Looks sharp!

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The rope is made in the USA! hahaha... these will only be made by ME, while sitting in my easy chair watching TV!

My wife told me the other night I looked like a little old lady knitting.:mad: Then she told me to stop cussing at the ropes (it's tedious work that get's goofed up easily if you don't do it right).:embara:

-ZA

1 - 20 of 196 Posts