Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40,260 Posts
Churchill River wilderness camp. I’ve hunted with them twice. Have another hunt booked for June. I would have hunted last June, but Canada was shut down due to covid. I hope that won’t be an issue next time. 3200$, all inclusive. You will not regret it. It’s remote. Stands are 15 miles apart in some areas, and you can only access them by boat. Camp is rustic but comfortable. Meals are good, fishing for walleye is fantastic. People are down to earth and solid, locals that actually know the river. Fish all morning, bear hunt afternoons. Bears are big. there are plenty of them. And they are not skittish or afraid of you, mostly because they don’t know what a human is. Some are aggressive, and every year there is an “encounter” with one. (I had one chase me back into the boat). It’s a great opportunity to kill a BC bear with a bow. A PY is almost a chip shot. You will see a half dozen of them in a week, along with a dozen other bears. Color phases of Reddish brown and blonde are taken every year. First hunt with them in my group of 4 women, there were 4 bears 3 that taped 6’11”, one that taped 7’2. All made PY, one BC. Second year everyone in the group of 6 either killed good bears, or just didn’t shoot one. I have no idea why, because they took pics of BC and PY bears within 10 yards of them. 2 that were taken were 7 footers that made BC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts