Archery Talk Forum banner

Cancer update!! and first bowhkill

609 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Southern Sam
first off www.caringbridge.org/visit/troygatlin

I just updated there so no need to type it all over again.

haven't been around much. evacuated twice in the last 2 weeks (gustav and Ike). minor damage from ike, did lose a pair of stands and waterline

otherwise surgery is thursday the 25th, one week from today. running out of time, and w/ doc apt scattered out, not a lot of time to get my last few outdoor things done before the heavy lifting is finished for the next year.

sign my guestbook if ya get a chance, pleae add from archery talk so I'll know where ya saw it. thanks again guys for all the support.

oh yeah, somthing not in the update. Pain is getting much better. Passed 2 kidney stones the size of bb's while on the road evacuating. still have em as i was whizzin in a bottle since there was no place to stop. passed another yesterday and feeling one on the move now. ready for that lil kidney to go and be done with. trying to talk em into removing my gall bladder and appendix as well, I won't need them anyway right.

but most other stuff is in my other website.

oh yeah. I killed a tight curl corsican ram, really dark tan coat with dark chocolate mane and goattee. wife got her first bow kill with a bourra goat (mix spanish and angora). hers was pretty darn big with a cool dark red head, white body. may get a dual mount with them butting heads. she made a perfect shot right through the near shoulder and into the opposite shoulder. no passthrough but he only went 40 yards. she took him with 85 gr tricks at 52lbs...
shot was placed exactly where I told her to as the day before I shot my ram, my shot was perfect tuckd tight behind the shoulder and with a very slight quartering too, only got one lung.
from what i've researched AFTER, rams/sheep/goats vitals lie further forward in the chest cavity than that of whitetail. oh well, I'll try to get pics up.

busy busy couple of weeks

left for gustav on thurs, came back on monday. left for kieth johns outdoors on friday morn, came back, sunday night, went to houston on monday and tuesday, evacuated on thursday. been adding up the miles going cross country
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Congrats on the Ram Troy as well as the progress of your health.

Maybe take up bowfishing down there:wink:
Lemons to lemonade buddy:lol:

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump up for the mid morning guys.

trying to get the wife to work on the pics.

· Registered
5,143 Posts
Congrats to you and the misses. Wish I could have been there.:wink:
Great story on the Caringsbridge sight too. Everything will work out in the end and you'll be in a deer stand next yr.
Your northern friend ROB

· Registered
1,364 Posts
Congrats to you and the wife on the bow kills Troy!!! Keep strong brother!!!:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.