Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about some help in making my decision. I cannot decide between the HCA Speedforce bow and the Elite GT500. Give me some assistance in making this decision. The bows seem so similar and speeds are about the same. I wont be able to give the 500 a try but have shot the SF bow and it seems nice. The bow will be used for 3-d and Hunting. Thanks

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I would go with the gt500 off looks alone lol. those bows are to similar not to shoot side by side imo. Please guys dont bash me for saying this lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
101st

Dude i just shot the 101st Airborne. I have got to say that you need to go shoot one before you decide. I have a tribute with the speed mods. The 101st is only a little louder, but still quiet, than my Tribute. It is not alot different on the draw cycle, and it is dead in the hand. Fast, Fast, Fast. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
455 Posts
The decideing factor for most of my customers was wheather you want the roller guard or the standard cable rod. Both bows are awesome and the Speed Force is only a few fps faster. Greg

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I think the GT500 is a most excellent choice in a combined 3/D, hunting bow... But if your more into hunting then 3/D, I'd opt for a Z 28 with a 32" axle to axle and 8" braceheight that still gets an IBO of 336fps... Sweet! I actually bought both the GT500 and the Z 28 because I couldn't chose one over the other.. LOL

·
A.T.Under Sophist
19,843 Posts
I'd try to shoot the Elite, so I'd know which shoots better for me. I'd go with the one that felt the best and shot the best. But that may be the HCA for me and the Elite for you...or vice versa.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
After being told buy a shop owner that Elite had told him to take a dremil tool to the inside of a cam on a brand new bow and then when he received a new cam in a few weeks it had the same bur on the cam. "I would buy HCA not a doubt about it!! JM2C

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Dude i just shot the 101st Airborne. I have got to say that you need to go shoot one before you decide. I have a tribute with the speed mods. The 101st is only a little louder, but still quiet, than my Tribute. It is not alot different on the draw cycle, and it is dead in the hand. Fast, Fast, Fast. :darkbeer:
The 101st was never mentioned here. He's asking about the gt500 and the speed force.:confused:

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
After being told buy a shop owner that Elite had told him to take a dremil tool to the inside of a cam on a brand new bow and then when he received a new cam in a few weeks it had the same bur on the cam. "I would buy HCA not a doubt about it!! JM2C
Well don't forget to mention the rollerguard then on the HHA's breaking from time to time... LOL,,.., Jeez,, some kids... Elite may or may not had a few burs on their cams back a year ago or so... The cam design now isn't even the same.. Those were the Old style Bowtech/Darton 3 track design anyway.... The Revolution 2 track binary is the sweetest things since cotton candy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great discussion topics. I like the roller guard but dont know the pro/cons vs the rod/slide. I would love the z28 but they're not available left handed. Id hate for it to come down to which camo I liked better.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Well don't forget to mention the rollerguard then on the HHA's breaking from time to time... LOL,,.., Jeez,, some kids... Elite may or may not had a few burs on their cams back a year ago or so... The cam design now isn't even the same.. Those were the Old style Bowtech/Darton 3 track design anyway.... The Revolution 2 track binary is the sweetest things since cotton candy!
Well, they had a big problem with their cams and to have a company tell you to take a drimel tool to a cam as a fix is the craziest thing I've heard of. I would personally go with high county because they just might have the parts in stock to fix a broken bow!!

We should have a Ross verses Elite thread that would be a better compairsion! :darkbeer:

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
How about some help in making my decision. I cannot decide between the HCA Speedforce bow and the Elite GT500. Give me some assistance in making this decision. The bows seem so similar and speeds are about the same. I wont be able to give the 500 a try but have shot the SF bow and it seems nice. The bow will be used for 3-d and Hunting. Thanks
Let me know what part of Iowa your in and if your anywhere close to me and looking for a speed bow I can let you check out my X-Force. I know it's not on your list but it's another option...And if you were to like the X-Force maybe I can help you get one of your own.:wink:
Feel free to drop me a PM anytime you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts