Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can purchase these at???? I have tried to contact IRV Design but I don't think he makes them anymore. Says temp on hold on his website. Really want a focus ring for this upcoming deer season to make self filming a little bit easier.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Man that looks like a great addition at a great price! Hope he puts them back up for sale soon.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not sure if they're still making them but send an email and sign up to receive emails from them. The owner was very good with getting back to me about the two I bought. Also, the site doesn't get updated often. If you sign up to receive emails they send out messages when they expect a new batch. When the rings come in they go quick.

·
Registered
987 Posts
When we used to run our HV30's and HV40's we all had the IRV rings on them, and loved them, except for two things, 1- they were noisy, and 2- the stopped working properly after about 6 months.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I signed up for the emails but haven't received anything back from them. Not sure if they are still making them.... Anyone have any for sale that they wouldn't mind getting rid of???

·
Registered
796 Posts
It'd take a little creative thinking but you might be able to rig something up yourself... the thing that sucks about the focus "ring" on the HV's is that it's just a small scroll bar so to come up with a contraption that you can smoothly spin that knob with, without bumping the front of your camera too much in the process.. well that might be a little tricky lol.. but you could probably come up with something?

·
South-Paw Shooter
2,876 Posts
It took me a couple months to get mine for my HV30. If he is still making them, I'd buy 2! Well worth it. I just sold my HV30, from the sounds of it, I should have kept my ring.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still haven't heard anything back from him. Guess he isn't making them anymore.

·
South-Paw Shooter
2,876 Posts
Somebody else will chime in and do them, they were way to popular. The ring comes in pretty handy this time of year trying to focus down through the over growth. Just glad I dont have to buy one for the new camera.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I self film and you know as well as I do its tough to just use the little focus knob. Wanted to get the ring to make it just a little easier. Maybe someone will see this n have one they want to get rid of.

·
South-Paw Shooter
2,876 Posts
I'd post over on the HV20 forum too. I'm sure there is already a ton of people doing the same thing, but ya never know. I sold mine with the ring and remote rig up I bought over there. I decided to go hard drive. Sure hope none of my hardrives crash. LOL.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yea I'd check the HV forums and also poke around on DVinfo.net... and any other forums along those lines you can find or think of.. I'm sure that someone out there has gotta be making the same sort of thing or maybe you'll find someone who will sell u theirs

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did you check with Campbell Cameras?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Campbells doesn't have anything like it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I read a post somewhere about a guy building one from an old mouse scroll wheel. He made a c-shaped piece out of a section of 2" pvc that fit on the camera, then mounted a small axle with the mouse scroll wheel on the pvc. The mouse wheel would spin the focus wheel. Not sure it works as well as an irv, but I'm sure it's better than nothing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts