Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a chance to shoot some Elite bows today and can't decide which one I want. I'm down to the Pure, or Hunter. Both seem great. What are you alls opinions. Bow will primarily be used for hunting, and a little 3-d. Help me decide. BTW, I haven't had a chance to shoot the Pulse.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Pure would be perfect for hunting and 3d. Had a hunter, just wasn't for me.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I agree, the Pure would be the better choice if your wanting to do 3D and hunting. A very real possiblity that a Pure will be my next rig. No more short bows for me. Even 32" ata is shorter than I ever want to go again.

You will most likely shoot much better with the longer Pure esp at longer distances. I know I'm just about twice as accurate over all with my 101st with its 36 1/4" ATA then I am with my Z28.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Thought I might add that I've kinda ruled the pulse out due to the 6" bh.
I would not rule out the pulse simply because of the 6 inch BH until you have shot it!!! It doesn't bother me one bit....I shoot fairly well and consistent for a simple back yard and 3d shooter...just saying

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,577 Posts
Here's my opinion.... Take it for what it's worth....

If you hunt a lot of thick cover, get the Hunter. It's shorter A2A is a lot nicer in that kind of environment. It's also easier to maneuver in that kind of environment. The round wheels also make it a bit more forgiving.

Otherwise, go with the Pure.

I have a Pure but I'm getting a Hunter this winter.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I would not rule out the pulse simply because of the 6 inch BH until you have shot it!!! It doesn't bother me one bit....I shoot fairly well and consistent for a simple back yard and 3d shooter...just saying
A 6" bh is not forgiving for many folks. That really comes to play during a hunting situation from a treestand when maintaining proper form is not easy.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna try to hit another nearby shop to shoot the pulse. I'll let you all know my thoughts. The shop I was at didn't have a pulse in stock.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I shot the hunter for over 1 hour and really liked it. Then I shot the pulse and it was over after the 3rd shot. I'm looking at it now. I really don't know why you would want the other 2. The pulse is as dead in the hand, its as quiet, I shoot it as well and would think most others would as well, and it is reallly fast and smooth!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got an Elite Pure from a fellow at'er. Thanks for everyone's input. Anybody happen to have pics of a pure with a tilt tamer, and do they really work well.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Got an Elite Pure from a fellow at'er. Thanks for everyone's input. Anybody happen to have pics of a pure with a tilt tamer, and do they really work well.
Thats great! Let us know how it works out for you and dont forget to post some pics of the new Pure. Least ye want to loose your man card.

·
Registered
18,971 Posts
Good luck with it. I owned a Pure and sold it for a Hunter, great hunting bow.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I've decided I'll prob buy a hunter next month as well. Like the pure a lot, but I can see how the size may be slightly awkward in the stand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts