Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a Very nice 5 pin sight. I m looking at buying the HHA new slider sight. I have owned 3 of them over the years but for some reason Im looking at one this year and I just cant make my mind up. Im having some issues with having multiple pins . Its like I just cant focus on the one pin . Thats never been a issue but now its like I cant settle the pin on my target. I can shoot great groups out to 60 yards but its like its taking alot of effort to focus . And Im not saying focus as eye problems but having several pins seems to bother me now. Has anyone had this problem. The only issue with the 1 pin on the slider is having to move it when the deer are walking away or what ever the case may be or is that a issue at all. I see there is yardage marked on a sticker on the slider . How can that be accurate once you set it up ? Any suggestions on this would be nice. Or your thoughts on the new slider would be appreciated.

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have a suggestion ??

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Copper john Dead nuts 2 competition 5 pin sight . I really like it alot but for some reason I keep wanting one pin again.

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up for the night. any one who uses the New slider sight

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just put the HHA DS-XL5519 on my Hoyt AM32 after experiencing very similar problems with the clutter of the multi pin sights. I was getting a case of severe target panic because I couldn't hold the pin(s) on the dot with the multi pin sight. The pins settled low every time, and I'd end up punching the trigger as I struggled to raise them to the dot. It was driving me crazy! The HHA sight wasn't cheap, but it did the trick. I'm driving tacks again. It's a great sight. Nicely constructed with a very bright 10' of fiber optic. I'm smiling again!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
hello

how are you sighting your pins in what i me is do you sight in at 20 30 40... try sighting in at 25 35 and so on. this will give u a bigger gap . hope this helps good luck.

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just put the HHA DS-XL5519 on my Hoyt AM32 after experiencing very similar problems with the clutter of the multi pin sights. I was getting a case of severe target panic because I couldn't hold the pin(s) on the dot with the multi pin sight. The pins settled low every time, and I'd end up punching the trigger as I struggled to raise them to the dot. It was driving me crazy! The HHA sight wasn't cheap, but it did the trick. I'm driving tacks again. It's a great sight. Nicely constructed with a very bright 10' of fiber optic. I'm smiling again!
That is just what Im going through. I dont care what it cost if it calms me down some. I have never had the problem but I dont like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the other thing that helped was going to the .19 pin. I was shooting the larger pins and that just added to the problem. I was concerned about the brightness of the smaller pin (my eyes aren't what they used to be), but the larger aperature of the XL with the added fiber (10' instead of 3') makes the .19 pin plenty bright. I shot it in the backyard tonight, as dusk turned to dark, and had no problem seeing the pin.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I've just made the move from a fix pins to a single pin slider from HHA, and I'm shooting better than I ever have:):) for me it was a great move. Get the .019 pin or .010 size the .029 is just way too much of a pin for me, but I'd give it a try:darkbeer:

·
Registered
93 Posts
HHA all the way!

Huge fan of HHA sights here. I stared shooting them a few years back and haven't had the desire to go back to a multi-pin sight since. Very durable and extremely accurate. I say give it a try, I don't think you will regret it.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Don't get all caught up in the have to have multiple pins and have to move a slider.

If you have a reasonably fast bow 280 fps or faster, set the single pin for 25 yards and your good from 15 to 30 when hunting. No need to move the pin at all, if a deer comes in at 35 or 40 hold a little high. Most of my shots are under 30 yards so I have no need to move my single pin sight, aim right on the crease of the front shoulder and just below center of the body, dead deer!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hha

I have the slider and the wheel. The wheel is a much nicer sight. One advantage is the wheel can be unlocked with a 7/64 Allen wrench and re-set. That is a very nice feature. It is also easier to set precise yardage because there is more distance between the yardage indicators.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hha

I stopped shooting multi pins after shooting them for a year... I havent looked back its been slider city.I have been shooting the same slider I bought years ago.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
The HHA is an awsome sight. I've hunted with it for 3 years now and absolutely love it. Best of all, the HHA staff are the friendliest bunch of people i've ever had to deal with. If you have a problem with any of their products, they will literally bend over backwards to make it right...:thumbs_up

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have always used multi pins. I tried a demo bow with an hha, and it was nice. I didn't think i would like it. A month later i bought a viper slider, little cheaper and just as good so far. To me it is easier to look at the one pin than focusing on the others. I dont shoot over 35 yards so not much adjustment for me:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Single Pin adjustable all the way

I was using a 5-pin sight and some times in the moment of truth, I mistakenly used the wrong pin:zip:, then I switch to a single pin adjustable. When hunting, I set it up at 30 yards, at 20 just aim a little low, at 40 a little high. If you ever are going to shot more than that, it is supposed to be and more relaxed shot, so you should time and opportunities to adjust the sight.
And the most important thing is how clear and nice that single pin looks on the target.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
Hey guys I have a Very nice 5 pin sight. I m looking at buying the HHA new slider sight. I have owned 3 of them over the years but for some reason Im looking at one this year and I just cant make my mind up. Im having some issues with having multiple pins . Its like I just cant focus on the one pin . Thats never been a issue but now its like I cant settle the pin on my target. I can shoot great groups out to 60 yards but its like its taking alot of effort to focus . And Im not saying focus as eye problems but having several pins seems to bother me now. Has anyone had this problem. The only issue with the 1 pin on the slider is having to move it when the deer are walking away or what ever the case may be or is that a issue at all. I see there is yardage marked on a sticker on the slider . How can that be accurate once you set it up ? Any suggestions on this would be nice. Or your thoughts on the new slider would be appreciated.
I switched from a 5 pin to the HHA 5519 Slider and totally love it. My eyes make pins a little blurry and I got tired of 5 blurry pins. Made for a confusing and cluttered sight picture. (Haven't investigated peep verifiers yet)

I especially got tired of having to individually adjust 5 separate pins whenever I'd change something, like increase/decrease draw weight, change tiller, etc.

I don't use the HHA sight tapes. It feels more accurate to me to make my own. I can't imagine how they'd be able to compensate for every bow tweak that's possible.

I love the rheostat on the 5519. Makes a huge difference to be able to dial the pin brightness up or down. I also love that the sight is completely "toolless". No allen wrenches needed to change windage or distance settings.

Their customer service is awesome also.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have 2 spott hoggs a real deal and a hogg it with the .010 wrapped pins and I keep coming back to the HHA. A lot less confusing for me.

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Guys. It looks like my sight will be in the Classifieds and Ill be buying a New HHA.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts