Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot decide on the 2, both are just incredible!!! I do however like elites warranty you cannot beat it............................

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
Well, if you get a Strother bow you get the same warranty because it is new. Everyone is different, but seems a majority that have shot them prefer the Strother bows. Can't go wrong with either really.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,354 Posts
I havent shot a Strother but i know they are good bows from all the reviews ive read. Im am very familar with Elite Archery and they are by far the best bow that i have shot. Elites warranty and CS are second to none and their quality is top-notch. The fit and finish of the Elites is just jaw dropping. Pete and the gang have stepped up and taken this company to a new level. They are a proven company that has been around for a few years now and you know what your getting with them. I love the solid limbs and 2 track modular cams that Elite uses.

My suggestion is that you shoot both and make an informed decision based on which you like best.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i stacked arrows better with my gt500 last year, than any other bow ever, still mad i got rid of it, oh well, may end up with another eventually...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I too had the delema of choosing my next high performance bow,I had 3 to consider the Elite Judge,Bow Tech 350 and Strother SR71.When all was said and done I stayed with what I know best and I decided to stay with Elite and the Judge was my bow.The Bow Tech is an awsome bow no matter what,and,the Strother is definitely remarkable having seen the ATA vids and read some reviews,but, I prefer the cam system on the Judge, fit and finish is second to none and the transferable warranty definitely boosts the resale numbers when the time comes to upgrade.Pretty easy choice come to think of it.

·
Registered
12,927 Posts
Pretty easy for me .. Strother founded Elite ..now it's Strother ..

Kevin was the designer of an early 90's bow .. Oregon Bow that really was the best you could buy then, .. a huge part of Bowtech ... then Elite .. Now Strothers Archery..

I'm looking forward to shooting the Infinity ...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I don't want to make it tougher, but i shot Strothers, Elite, and then Athens. Not a whole lot of difference between the three. Can't go wrong wih any of them.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Get the bow built by the Pied Piper but don't follow him off the cliff. :)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
If it's a bow you plan to keep for a long time, then buy what feels best. If you buy/sell bows every year then I would lean toward the Elite. They still are not a well known name, but it's out there more than Strother for everyone but ATers. And the transferable warranty is a great selling feature on a used bow.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I'll stick with Elite for now, as I like the binary cams better. Probably would buy a Strother over a Hoyt though.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Elites are nice, but I sold my Elite to buy a Strother.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have been an Elite dealer for the past 3 years, at the ata show i shot all of the Strother line up. I am now a Strother dealer as well, you really wont be disappointed in either bow both Elite and Strother make an awesome bow just buy one of each that would be the best choice (LOL)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it seems that the SR71 is getting more speed, its quieter, and has less hand shock/vibration, than say the judge so this is why I ask, these are important features for me. I have shot an 08.5 GT500 for about a year and half now and I love the bow but it is going to be sold soon so this is my time to really compare both, problem is however I do not have access to both to really be able to compare the 2

1 - 20 of 138 Posts