Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many threads about these climbers and can't decide which one to get. I already have a summit bushmaster and it is light and comfy but the straps are a pain and its a little noisy in my opinion. Most important to me is how easy to use and quietness. The packing of the lone wolf is cool and is nise and light but I have heard the straps that go around the tree can be a pain. Any input before I shell out the coin would be appreciated:shade:

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
I have read many threads about these climbers and can't decide which one to get. I already have a summit bushmaster and it is light and comfy but the straps are a pain and its a little noisy in my opinion. Most important to me is how easy to use and quietness. The packing of the lone wolf is cool and is nise and light but I have heard the straps that go around the tree can be a pain. Any input before I shell out the coin would be appreciated:shade:
i love my lonewolf.....owned a many climbers, and my lonewolf is at the top of my list hands down.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
I'm a summit guy but of your 2 choices, I'd say treewalker.

·
Hunt Fair Chase
2,596 Posts
Lonewolf is lighter and smaller to carry. Treewalker wins every other category, and is far more comfortable. It's whatever is important to you. You can't beat either as far as quality is concerned.

·
Registered
390 Posts
never tried a tree walker but have owned summit and switched to lonewolf.The lone wolf is not as comfortable as summit but its lighter,easier to pack,and folds nice and flat.it is also alot more quiet I would not give my lonewolf up best money I ever spent on a treestand

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have never, ever had a problem with the straps on the l/w I have. Ever...

·
Archery Addict
5,657 Posts
Just bought a used LW and have been out climbing with it and i have had no problems with the straps.It does have a diffrent way to climb with it but no problems.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I'm a lone wolf fan. I've tried quite a few different stands but am partcial to my lone wolf. Very quiet and comfortable enough for me but I feel a recliner should be very comfortable and not a tree stand.:D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Don't forget to look at the Equalizer Tree Stand! Best stand I have ever owned! I have heard Great things about the Tree Walker and Lone Wolf, but nothing beats the quietness and comfort of the Equalizer Tree Stand! Being able to level your stand as you climb is the best thing since sliced Bread! Also when you reach your climbing height the positive locking system locks the seat and foot climber to the tree! Rock Solid and makes you feel really secure! Good Luck in your choice!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Same Question

I had the same question so I bought them both. Then only advantage of the Lone wolf is that it packs very small and hangs on your back very well.

The weight between the Lone Wolf Hand climber and the Treewalker SL is the same.

TW climbs better it is a sit and climb. Lone wolf is a hump and climb, I hated the bands on the tree. They curled and hung up very easy. The TW will power over knots and sticks to the tree like glue. TW doesnt need straps to hold your feet on to climb. The TW has has a foot rest. The TW is more comfortable in the tree. The TW is a bit long when packing and will come down to almost your knees. The backpacking straps that come with it thow away and buy new ones. You cant fall out of the TW, you can out of the LW. The LW you can more easily shoot out of all sides sitting down. The TW you can't shoot all the way around sitting (I take the front bar off of mine).

In my opinion the TW is way better for me

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
LW:thumbs_do

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Lone Wolf all the way. I have also owned numerous climbers and won't use anything else.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought the lonewolf last year and after owning multiple climbers I wouldn't trade it for any other on the market. I climb higher in the lonewolf and feel safer than any other climber. If you want comfort go for a treelounge. I just happen to have one i'll sale. Cheap...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Tree walker biggest bang for your buck.Lite weight,ckimbs easily up or down and sticks to the tree like it was hammered on, and no extra accessories needed.

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Lone Wolf all the way!! Take the seat off and replace it with a mesh seat by hazmore outdoors and you got the ultimate sit and climb stand.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts