Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, well I have it down to two bows. I am either getting the Mathews xt or the browning illusion. I have shot both numerous times, I actually love both bows, I know either would do a great job. I have read the reviews. I just can't seem to pick. Anyone have a last word? I am looking for a nickel to flip. Thanks

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
If you are still looking for a nickle, than pehaps that answers the question.

Given you are excited about both bows, and apparently the pockets are short of nickles, go with the least expensive.:wink:

Actually, given you like both bows, consider local service support. Both companies have great customer service, but what is available locally?

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
I'd buy the XT, well, actually I did buy it.

I know you won't regret it the morning after.

Can't say about the PSE, I haven't shot it.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
The Illusion is a nice bow. It also has some adjustability that the XT doesn't have. A free doz arrows too, right?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Sniper.270 said:
Hey folks, well I have it down to two bows. I am either getting the Mathews xt or the browning illusion. I have shot both numerous times, I actually love both bows, I know either would do a great job. I have read the reviews. I just can't seem to pick. Anyone have a last word? I am looking for a nickel to flip. Thanks
Go with the service and warranty the bows dont have a dimes worth of differnce.

·
Premium Member
18,022 Posts
Moose mustard said:
I would also put re-sale value into the equation....and I hate say it, but Mathews will re-sale for a higher price than the browning.
Yes but the Mathews is also more expensive up front. Which one will lose the most from it's original purchase price? On a percentage basis?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I shoot Mathews and I know you have it down to them and Browning, but I would take a look at Ross if there is a dealer in your area. Great Bow

·
Registered
76 Posts
And also...If I may chime in...Are the bows at the same dealer? If so, which one do they favor? It will make a difference when you go back for adjustments. Thats unless you can do it all yourself. Also, the Mathews bow will trade for higher $'s if you want to upgrade in 07, not sure about the Browning..Good Luck! BTW, I looked at the Illusion too, but the service dept at that store was a joke...Nothing to do with Browning, just the guy that ran it...:rolleyes: I just buy corn from his place now...:wink:

·
Registered
76 Posts
AK-AZ said:
Yes but the Mathews is also more expensive up front. Which one will lose the most from it's original purchase price? On a percentage basis?

I would say the browning for sure...I just did this, so go check out the ebay sales of both bows..I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
74,535 Posts
Go with the Mathews

If you ever decided to sell it. You will get the most for your money and there great bows.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Out of the two, the Illusion looks cool but I've never heard of Browning bows until a month ago. Mathews of course is established.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If this is your first bow I would highly recommend the Browning over the XT. Just because someone told you that your draw length is X doesn't mean that is what will fit you the best. The Browning is easily adjusted for DL while the Mathews requires you to buy and install a differant module.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all

Ok, thanks guys. Some of that I have not thought of, and will help. Still not absolutely sure which I am going to get, but I will make that call here in the next week or so. Thanks again for your input. :cocktail:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
nccrutch said:
The Illusion is a nice bow. It also has some adjustability that the XT doesn't have. A free doz arrows too, right?
I stopped shooting Mathews because of poor adjustability. I will never buy any bow which is draw length specific, again.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
There are allot of good points out there.
-First bow...adjustability. The XT won't have it
-LOCAL service for minor adjustments and possible issues.
-Price. Someone said there isn't a dime worth of difference. That is very possible, I have never shot an Illusion, But if that is the case and the above apply. I would go for it

For me I shot allot of bows and settled on the XT. I have shot allot of bows since then and I am very happy with my choice. I did not get a chance to shoot an illusion as I mentioned above. I do have two friends that did and they have illusions due to adjustably for one and location for the other.
Good luck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I tryed both and got the Illusion. Didn't buy it for resale. Got it because it seemed to fit me better than the xt. It's quiet, fast, and balanced. All mine has on it is one of meanv's css and a string loop; and still quiet. I don't even have a stabilizer, the bow is perfectly balanced without one and you don't need it for vibration. So far it's really been a sweet shooting bow. Looking forward to deer season.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Allegiance...:tongue: As a third party (I have a Martin and a Bowtech) My suggestion would be this, If they are essentially the same in your hand, go with the more popular (Mathews), this means that you will be able to gain more opinions in regards to tuning, accessories, arrows etc... I also wonder about Browning bows just because they have been around for a lot of years, and yet they have never gained the popularity of Mathews, Bowtech, PSE, Martin or many others.

Just my .02

1 - 19 of 19 Posts