Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not get my broadhead blades to line up with my vanes!!...I heated up my arrow and the inserts will just not budge any tips guys???

Cody

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
I hope you are NOT trying to heat up heads on a carbon arrow. If you are and you got them very hot you might want to not shoot those arrows anymore as heat will destroy the carbon bonding and they might fail. Heating and turning heads works on aluminum arrows with hot glue on the inserts. It is not necesary to line them up though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys i had never done it in previous years and this year i heard somebody talkin about it so i thought i'd give it a try...i was messin around with some of my older carbons soo no worry there

Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
PL is exactly right, It will not help! I shoot Muzzy 3 blades, and I was told that by lining up the blades with the fletchings that I would have a better flying BH. I went to my local pro shop and bought some small o-rings made of hard plastic that were designed for this and went ahead and tried it. Well to make a long story short my arrows fly just as true with the blades lined up with the fletches as the ones that are way off. Don't waste your time....

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
But, if you still want to line them up. Rap the threads with a couple turns of teflon tape, it will allow you to align the BH with the vanes without bottoming out the BH before they align. (same idea as the o-ring)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If you shoot 4 blade heads with 3 fletch, how do you line them up? See, it's not only an old wife's tale, it's a pain in the butt.

·
Roll Tide
2,687 Posts
Yep it's just a tale. If your arrows are spinning true without the broadheads wobbling...they are going to fly straight. If the broadhead is wobbling...that is when you need to heat the insert and re align it...just do it til the broadhead spins true. I use to use hot melt but now I have gone to using insert epoxy. It lets me be sure I have the inserts aligned right.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Don't worry about lining the blades up with the vanes, most of us used to do it years ago then found out that it's not needed. :mg:

Just get a spin tester and spin each arrow/broadhead until it spins true then you're good to go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts