Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bow is shooting to the left about 6 inches at 20 yards. I have my sight moved all the way over to the right too. I checked my rest and had it laser centered to make sure it wasn't that. i am getting modules to shorten my draw length an inch becasue its an inch to long, hopping maybe that could be the problem. Was also going to shoot some heavy spine arrows to see if that would make a difference. Im shooting a right handed bow, im right handed but left eye dominate, so i have to shoot with my left eye closed just to put so more info out there. I didnt know if anybody else had any ideas to what i could be doing wrong?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
"I have my sight moved all the way over to the right too."

You need to follow the arrow. Move your sight left.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Ditto ! You need to "chase" the arrow....Move your sight to the left.

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
Agree you need to move the sight toward where the impact is to bring it back-----chase the arrows, your moving in the wrong direction. But in the same respect I will bet you have some very serious form issues also that are causing your big misses. You need to get in touch with someone that has experience in shooting to help you hands on. Bottom line we are the weak link and the cause of most missed shots, a well tuned bow will always out shoot us. But people tend to blame the equipment in stead of the main source--- ourselves.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Check out www.perrysnopeep.com My sight will allow dominant or non-dominant eye aiming. Get rid of that peep and never look back! Good Luck this season! Perry

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
Check out www.perrysnopeep.com My sight will allow dominant or non-dominant eye aiming. Get rid of that peep and never look back! Good Luck this season! Perry
This has nothing to do with the problem the OP has, IMHO it only promotes a product that has nothing to do with the problem the OP has. Correct the problem first then experiment with a different product like yours. His problem is he is moving the sights in the wrong direction and your product won't fix this.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
This has nothing to do with the problem the OP has, IMHO it only promotes a product that has nothing to do with the problem the OP has. Correct the problem first then experiment with a different product like yours. His problem is he is moving the sights in the wrong direction and your product won't fix this.
Kind of annoying, isn't it Dale?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Kind of annoying, isn't it Dale?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
I'll agree, I'm all for companies pimping their products out and getting the word out but that one gets a little old at times...Between it and the Van Handle grip thing they should be the cure to any of lifes problems I guess, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts