Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v had the worst time trying to get my broadheads to shoot with field points. My field points will consistantly shoot three to five inches high and to the left of my broadheads. The funny thing is that they both look as if they fly great. Also with broadheads(dosn't matter which ones) at fourty to sixty yards they seem to fly high and to the right. I can't figure that one out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
broadhead flight

What have you done so far to try to correct the problem... Bow paper tuned? Broadheads Spin Tested? Fletching clear the rest? Even though I do all these things my broadheads usually fly higher than my field tips. The week before the season starts, I sight in my bow with just shooting broadheads. Also when you shoot your broadheads, your release must be clean with every shot. Remember broadheads take long to correct themselves in flight than field tips.

What grain broadhead?
How many pound draw?
Any offset to the fletching?
What type of arrows?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got the same problem. Dont have time to get them to fly the same, I'am just gonna sight for my broadheads.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
conradj2 said:
I'v had the worst time trying to get my broadheads to shoot with field points. My field points will consistantly shoot three to five inches high and to the left of my broadheads. The funny thing is that they both look as if they fly great. Also with broadheads(dosn't matter which ones) at fourty to sixty yards they seem to fly high and to the right. I can't figure that one out.
That is an indication that the arrow is leaving the bow nock high and left. Start by moving the nocking point down 1/16" at a time until field points and broadheads impact the same vertically, them for release shooters move the rest to the right until they impact the same in the horizontal. Finger shooters move to the left until they impact the same in the horizontal. Remember small increments between tests, 1/16".

Setup and tuning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts