Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just moved in to the city:cry: , i thought i would get my bow out and shot it last night, since i havent shot it in awhile because we were moving. after shoting about 4-5 arrows a cop comes walking around the side of my house, he procedes to ask what i thought i was doing i told him the we just moved and that season was starting in 10days so i thought i would get some practise in, well after about 30 mins of lecturing and a 150 dollar ticket for shoting a projectile in the city limits i put all my stuff up and go to wally world to get some last minute hunting stuff,( i know but got to do the cheap thing this year) the lady standing in line behind me procedes to lecture me about killing little inocent animals. she fallowed me all the way to my truck just letting me have it. the last i saw of here she was diving out of the way of my truck as i backed out. what a day, sorry this is so long, ya'll have a safe year.

·
Registered
893 Posts
what city

Hate it,But That is getting to be the norm in a majority of cities.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
You do have bad luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
You are more patient then me. I would have laid right back in to her. You did the right thing. Sorry you have to live the hell know as a city.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Since your in warrensburg, you should have had a beer in your hand, THEN it would have been ok! Live and learn

j/k

Sorry for the ticket and chewing

·
Registered
784 Posts
thats why i have a bag target hanging from the rafters in my basement. Granted it is only 14 yards but saves money by not having to drive to the club everynight to shoot.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You should have glanced in her buggy and started lecturing her on how her make up is tested on poor animals. Or how can she eat chickens or beef. There is a quote from a magazine its from over 20yrs ago. I always wanted to say to someone like that but never got the chance. I dont remember what magazine I think it was Deer and Deer Hunting. It goes something like...

You think you are so perfect? Dont come here from a place where your air and waters are becoming nothing but masses of garbage in motion. Dont come here from a place that rapes innocent women and children and ignore your neighbors cries for help. Every year people like you place anti-hunting articals in magazine and newspapers and those same papers become a blanket for a homeless person or soak up the blood spilled over the battle for illegal drugs. Try to change your world before you come here trying to change mine!

·
Registered
492 Posts
you should of lectured her on why its wrong to be so stupid in public. I was hoping Missouri wasnt as bad or ignorant as other states but I guess its coming to that. Thats not even that big of a city. Where do these people come from. Sorry about your day. That big 8 pointer you get friday will make it better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BigDeer said:
Since your in warrensburg, you should have had a beer in your hand, THEN it would have been ok! Live and learn

j/k

Sorry for the ticket and chewing
:ROFLMAO: your right if i am 10yrs younger and been drinking the wouldnt have said a word, lucky collage kids:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I had a similar day last year. I was sitting on my deck enjoying the sun and watching my girls play in the yard while I put my bow together (quiver, sights, etc.). I hear a knock on the front door and a cop is standing there. "Are you playing with a crossbow in the back yard." I calmly explained that i was merely puting my hunting bow together and that was all. He said that the nieghbor had said that I was shooting it and that I can not fire anything that has a projectile inside city limits. I calmly asked him 2 questions. 1) How can I shoot a bow with no arrows? Beings that i had not gotten mine in the mail yet. 2) If I was inside the city limits why is a county Sheriff standing at my front door? He had no answers for either question. He restated the law and said have a good night. Nice guy I can't blame him. I can blame the idiot that lives behind me.

·
Banned
919 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years back.... But i was standing on the edge of City property shooting Carp with my bow when the police man walked up and told me i had to leave cuz it was illegal to discharge weapons in city limits!!! I WAS SHOOTING AWAY FROM TOWN!! Not wanting to get a ticket i asked where i could shoot. He looked at me and said across the bridge................ 20 feet away..... I then looked at him and thought, your a dumb [email protected]#!!!!!! If i went on the other side of the bridge then i'm SHOOTING INTO the city!!!! I didn't think that was right so i talked with the chief of police and he said go ahead and keep shooting but if you can stand in the water!!! I almost busted a gut right there!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Dude that sucks I hope you can find a place to shoot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts