Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously can't make up my mind on the Trypans or Raptor Tricks for this year. Any comments in helping this decision?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Cheap shot? Not sure what thats supposed to mean.
I was trying to make a stupid joke. Cheap Shot are the plastic broadheads you can get 10 for $12. They might can kill large game with a powerful bow, but I wouldn't dare use them on a deer or any trophies. Turkeys or coyotes, or close range hogs might be okay.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Don't get wrong is it possible they can bend or break yes what long blade is unbreakable. I am also really liking the design and simplicity and strength of the NAP sling blade

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Raptor trick appears to open the blades once it's already in the animal. Which cannot be a good thing because I would think that it requires a lot more force to open up against flesh once inside. I would definitely like some insight with these.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Everyone hopes and wants that pass through but doesn't always happen. It's different for everyone but for me I like a big entrance just in case I don't get that pass through I have good blood from the entrance. This was my doe last year using hypodermic. Hit shoulder on opposite side almost had a complete pass through stopped at fletching but a horror show at the entrance and died in sight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Trypan all day, better entrance hole and blade angle.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Of those I'd go with the Rage, because the large over the top broadheads limit penetration a bit. Of all broadheads, Id go with the NAP Killzone.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Rage would be my choice. I used Wasp Jak hammer and Grim Reaper for years. It seems the longer the blade the longer it takes to deploy inside the chest cavity. If you get a high hit its possible to only nick the the front lung due to had not being fully deployed. I noticed when I shot the small Reapers my tracking distance was shorter then the big Reapers. I tried a hyprodermic on a doe last year and was very impressed. I think the Trypan will be a great head.

·
XX78 User
4,942 Posts
Rage for sure

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
Rage Trypan without hesitation. I don't know if they will penetrate the dirt as well but they will definitely blow two bigger holes through a deer than most others when shot with some momentum behind them.

·
BowhunterT100
6,534 Posts
Rage

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Trypan

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Trypan by a wide margin