Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tryn to remember a couple of the first bows I owned in my teen years. My first was a Ben Pearson Z bow I believe and then a few years later I think I bought a PSE Precision Edge. Does anyone remember the early to mid 80's better than I can and am I accurate with what I remember the names (models) to be.

·
edthearcher
6,457 Posts
i have the same problem, rembering that is. just a minute i forgot what i was going to say, oh now i rember i have had this problem since i turned 72, what was this post about anyway, will some one help me:angel:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I remember shooting a Jennings Forked Lightning during the 1982 Field Archers traveling outdoor league here in Western New York. Then, for a while, I shot my dad's hand-me-down, a Bear Grizzly, until the top limb broke just 3 years ago. That bow was probably a good 30yrs olds.

·
wood scientist
875 Posts
I had a Browning compound that had a wooden riser, laminated wood limbs (I think), and was not adjustable in draw weight. I can't remember what it was called. It was set on about 65# and had about 40% letoff. I'm almost glad I have forgotten about it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just tryn to remember what they where. Kinda wondering if there are any of those older pse and pearsons still out there. From what I can remember they where great shooting bows but I was young, scrawny, and just gettn started in the sport. They seemed heavy from what I do remember.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I remember my first bow hunts were with my dad's old Browning recurve. Before the season was over, I took it and an old .410 shotgun and traded for a Browning Bushmaster compound. I thought I was high-tech. A few years later I traded for an Oneida 500. That thing could be tough to tune but I really liked hunting with that bow.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
what's this thread about. i forgot. Gotta go back to start and find out. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts