Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem.

I just purchased a 2001 or 2000 Mathews FX to use for this season. I took it to the archery shop and the guy lasered it to get it centershot, set my loop for me and got it all setup. The problem I am having is that when I adjust my sight to where it needs to be as far as left/right and elevation; I can't see my top pin because the riser is in the way.

What do I do for this? The whisker biscuit is all the way down as low as it will go I have tried mounting a sight that sticks out farther from the riser to increase the distance between the pin and the riser from my eye. None of this has worked.

I ended up moving my rest out farther away from my riser so it is no longer centershot, then moved my sight until it was on. Now I can see my top pin.

Is this the only thing I can do to fix the problem or is there a way to keep it centershot and still be able to see my top pin?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
The centershot should be as Chequamegon described, and the arrow should be level and in line with the rest mounting hole. The FX did have a really short sight window, and if you had a low anchor, the top pin would be real close to the top of that window. I would try raising your anchor if you can, i/e lower your peep sight.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Sounds like your peep is too high, thus your top pin.

If you lower your peep sight a bit, then your sight should come down. Since you said your top pin, I'm thinking the other ones were in view, so you were blocked by the top of the sight window.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the same issue with my fx2. I can only see the tip of my top pin. I tried to lower my peep-changed my anchor and was not satisfied. I shoot both eyes open so I am able to see more of pin. I think (as was already mentioned) that the short sight window is the real issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts