Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if I need to adjust my grip. Others can shoot my Bow and get a bullet hole and I get a bout 3/4" left hand tear. I have tried to shoot oher bows tuned and can't shoot a bullet hole. I can shoot my bow fine with fied points and broadheads out to 70 yards and I have good form as verified by numerous shooters at my shop. I shoot with the grip on the far right side of thumb so it cuts at an angle through the main muscle not parralell and my pinky ring an middle finger hange loose and my index finger bent in to touch the inside of the grip. I have tried with all fingers hanging loose and all tucked in to touch inside of the grip.

Do you uys have any illustrations of different grips methods or suggestions.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
A lot of the times a bow that is group tuned, bare shaft tuned, broad head tuned, ect will have a high left tear through paper.

Paper is just a starting point. To get you in the ball park to be close when you move on to your other methods of tuning where you fine tune where you need things to be. If you're grouping well, especially at 70 yards, then you're job is done. Don't stress about paper anymore.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had a problem in the past with too much string pressure on my face so made sure that was not a factor.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Too stiff of loop and rotating the release too far, face contact, hand placement....just work through those and it should be OK.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You said you can shoot field tips and bh's out to 70 yards,so your obviously getting good clean arrow flight....so your concerned about a small tear left why exactly?? To me,paper tuning is like bore sighting a rifle....it's just a starting point,but it usually drives people nuts so they post stuff like this.But to answer your question directly,Yes,I would say it's a grip issues.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Could be your follow thru, do you get alot of left high misses. Alot of right handed archers that push and pull to hard on the bow, blow some shots out left high when they shoot. If you are pushing and pulling to hard it could cause this probablem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts