Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok last summer i could shoot dang good, i could throw a 7-9 inch group at 60 yds, but then i replaced my bowstring because it broke during archery season. now i cant hit worth a darn:mad:, they are the right size winners choice strings it is perfectly in time, paper tuned, with no vane contact. please help me:noidea:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
How is your draw length? Did you check the specs on the bow (Brace and Axle)?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i left the draw the same, and all the ata brace height is the same

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
you could be torqueing the bow its could be something with your grip or your sight got bumbed i dunno if all the specs are rite

·
<<<Aim Small Miss Small
5,014 Posts
Check your limbs. If the string broke, it could have actually put a small crack in one of the limbs (as if it were dry fired) causing it to do funny things. I had a cracked limb that I was shooting with about 4 years ago, I had the same symptoms, after going over the bow, I found the crack....good luck.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I guess I missed the part that said "your string broke":doh:
This could be any number of things then
bent axles
broken limbs
bent cams

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
Check your limbs. If the string broke, it could have actually put a small crack in one of the limbs (as if it were dry fired) causing it to do funny things. I had a cracked limb that I was shooting with about 4 years ago, I had the same symptoms, after going over the bow, I found the crack....good luck.
Shoot!!! You beat me to it. :wink:

That was the first thing I thought of, if the string actually broke you need to check out the entire bow to make sure it isn't damaged. A slightly cracked limb will shoot poorly and might even sound a little funny as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I would look very closely for damage, like huntin_addict and doc said. Then I would do a walk back tune. You said it paper tuned, I always feel that's just one step in the tuning process.
I'm betting on limb or axle/cam damage though if your string broke, as in BANG! and it was gone.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how?

How do i check for bent axles? Take them out and see if they are straight? And how big of a crack will make a bow inaccurate?

·
The pugs keeper
5,959 Posts
How do i check for bent axles? Take them out and see if they are straight? And how big of a crack will make a bow inaccurate?
I would have to say any crack what so ever is a really, really, bad thing. I would not even shoot the dang thing if i had a crack. That limb can go anytime. plus it will cause major accuracy changes.

·
Registered
650 Posts
cracked limb

Not trying to jack your thread but it might also help you, what can you do to try and find cracks that arent visible? Or will you always be able to see them? thanks!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its cracked

Dang it, my limb is cracked and my axle looks a little bent:cry: thank you guys for helping me find my problem. But on the up side i get a new bow:wink: My bow is kinda old and needed replaced anyways. To fix it would cost more than i bought the dang thing for so im just ganna buy a new bow. Anybody got any suggestions on a bow that i can get, i want it to have decent speed and be forgiving, plus it needs to be able to grow as i grow, my draw length right now is 26'. Plus im on a budget so under $500 would be nice Thanx

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Dang it, my limb is cracked and my axle looks a little bent:cry: thank you guys for helping me find my problem. But on the up side i get a new bow:wink: My bow is kinda old and needed replaced anyways. To fix it would cost more than i bought the dang thing for so im just ganna buy a new bow. Anybody got any suggestions on a bow that i can get, i want it to have decent speed and be forgiving, plus it needs to be able to grow as i grow, my draw length right now is 26'. Plus im on a budget so under $500 would be nice Thanx
Get out and shoot some.....find something that fits you well, and feels good, and go with it....A Reflex Growler may meet your needs, as something that can be adjusted in drawlength without mod's, and is a decent price.

·
Registered
739 Posts
firecat for 489.00 here in nh. if you are going to use your accessories from your old bow this is a nice choice. if you like the one cam models, go with the moab, 384.00. shot them both yesterday. they feel exactly the same at the release. the draw cycles are different though. both great bows.

terry

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Check out the Diamond line always a good choice IMO. Also you could get one loaded fairly inexpensive. Shoot different brands makes & models and than make your decision you will find we are biased on here.:wink: most of the time. Shoot what feels good, and good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts