Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing cutting up the rets of the deer from Rifle season. I found 3 broadheads this year, but I thought this one was the worst shot. Mechanical to the but.

Not harping on mechaincals, I shot Strikers, and Tekans.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I knew a couple of guys who got big P&Y bucks shooting in the butt. Over night they though they were the greatest bowhunters on earth. Just ask them they will tell you how good they are. :confused:

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
I knew a couple of guys who got big P&Y bucks shooting in the butt. Over night they though they were the greatest bowhunters on earth. Just ask them they will tell you how good they are. :confused:
Sometimes its better to be lucky than good!

But not always.

marty

·
Registered
375 Posts
Buddy of mine shot a nice buck this year at a pretty steep qaurtering angle. He isn't the best shot in the world (though he thinks he is `good enough`) so I was nervous when he said he shot to be honest. He hit it about as far back as you could, maybe an inch in front of the rear leg but somehow the arrow made it all the way up into the boiler room and with enough force to leave a solid imprint of the BH on the inside of the rib cage in front of the lungs. Deer only went 75 yards.

Like you say, sometimes it IS better to be lucky than good. But I wouldn't count on it!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Typical p.a archer, if it's brown it's down. Take your time and aim.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a 3 blade, the other side was stuck in there pretty good. I usually dont find to many mechanicials, mainly thunderheads, and muzzy's.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm sure they are going to find a lot of Rage in deer. I know of two this year that wasn't found that the broadhead was still in them. Thats way in most states they not legal because bowhunter need to read there laws they are considered a barbed by some wardens and because then can't be pull back out or work there way back out of a wound.

·
Banned
3,149 Posts
I had a deer jump forward once just as i shot.....and I hit him square in the rear end :sad: Thank God I hit the femoral artery and he only went about 75 yards...talk about lucky!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts