Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought the stand linked below. It is very neat, very high, and even though we put it up and have it ratcheted well in place no one has actually gotten up in it. As it is over a food plot it will not be used till the acorns are gone, but now I am getting nervous. The way the stand is made the ladder is away from the tree and you must access the platform through a trap door. It is 22 feet high and because of the design I can't figure how a guy could use a harness until all the way up there, through the trap, 22+ feet up trying to get the rope or strap around the tree. There must be a safe way to do it, I just need to figure it out. Any ideas?

http://www.ameristep.com/treestands/9408_skyscraper.html

· Registered
625 Posts
I think I can help.

Get a line with 2 prusik knot/loops on it. Climb on one going up. As you come through the trap door, transfer to the one at the stand. REverse to go down.
A little fussing around, but that could work.

You'll need a little longer line to get slack at that length tho.
PM me for details

· Registered
2,477 Posts
First of all, didn't it come with a body harness?? There should be instructions with it since all tree stand manufacturers now include a safety harness.

If you don't have one, you could run a rope up along side it and then attach yourself with a rope and Prusic knot which will slide up as you climb. Then you could have another Prusic tether on the topside of the trap door. When you get the door open , hook up the top one and then unhook the one for below the platform. That way you will be attached at all times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.