Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for arrow / Broadhead recs for cape buffalo. Shooting Hoyt carbon defiant 27.5 at 80 lbs. particularly interested in Valkyrie system but not sure if ther is any experience with buffs. Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Easton axis 28.5'' with arrow wrap & Blazer vanes - 100 gr Brass Insert - 20gr footer - 250 gr Cutthroat BH - Total arrow weight is 742gr with 23% FOC - Arrow is in the optimum spine for your set up.

·
Registered
15,602 Posts
Most of my Cape Buffalo clients use the Easton FMJ Dangerous Game arrows, brass insert, 150-250 gr heads.
Just built a set for a client going this year.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Easton axis 28.5'' with arrow wrap & Blazer vanes - 100 gr Brass Insert - 20gr footer - 250 gr Cutthroat BH - Total arrow weight is 742gr with 23% FOC - Arrow is in the optimum spine for your set up.
That SOB will drive deep....

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
You need to look at grizzlystiks. This is what they do. For a cape I would do at least 800gr. I would look At the new 315gr. Alaska head that is coming.

Capes have double ribs. And yes people have killed with lesser arrows. But when spending this kind of money you want the best. I would contact Jake at dangerclose outdoors. He can get you what you need. He has done it. Complete passthrough on a cape.

Also I would recommend reading the 12 penetration factors. I have the link in my signature.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts