Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen and read the debates over w/b vs drop aways, and I for one like a capture rest How about W/B vs Hostage...... Which one is better? Hostage or W/B?
I would love to read your opinions.

Otto

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The W/B is a much better and longer lasting product than the Hostage. The biggest issue with the hostage is the brushes wear at such a rate that is actually affects the tune of the bow. Stay away from them

·
Registered
50,379 Posts
^^^^^^^ agree you couldn't give me a Hostage rest on a bet.
Now if you want the best of all worlds. Get the QAD HDX drop away, Drop away rest with a capture, best of all worlds.
You will thank me later.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I really don't mean to throw a wrench in the works here or high jack your thread but if your considering full containment rests I would reccomend the Firenock Aerorest. I recently switched over and could not be more happy, they are very easy to tune and suffer none of the dissadvantages fo the W/B or Hostage as your arrow rests on ceramic ball bearings and arrow noise forget it its whisper quiet. I have used W/B and due to to the brush design will quickly start ripping your fletchings off after just a few shots. I had one on a PSE Tac 15 as that is the factory installed rest. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
G5 halo ,put one on my sons bow I like it better than the WB and no way on a hostage. Bowtech should be ashamed of making crap like that and putting it on there bows.

·
Registered
50,379 Posts
I really don't mean to throw a wrench in the works here or high jack your thread but if your considering full containment rests I would reccomend the Firenock Aerorest. I recently switched over and could not be more happy, they are very easy to tune and suffer none of the dissadvantages fo the W/B or Hostage as your arrow rests on ceramic ball bearings and arrow noise forget it its whisper quiet. I have used W/B and due to to the brush design will quickly start ripping your fletchings off after just a few shots. I had one on a PSE Tac 15 as that is the factory installed rest. Just a thought.
You lost your fletching because of a poor fletch job not the design of the WB. Tac15 arrows from the factory are known to get tore up using the WB, just a poor fletch job. Get them custom fletched by someone that knows what they are doing your fletch problem is solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts